Jasprit Bumrah aka Jasprit Jasbir Singh Bumrah is a famous Indian cricketer who represents Indian cricket team in ODI (One Day International) and T20I (Twenty20 International). Let us check out more about the personal and professional life of the right-armed fast-medium bowler of the Indian Cricket team.
Jasprit Singh Bumrah was born on 6 December 1993 (25 years old; age as in 2018) in Ahmedabad, Gujarat, India. The Mumbai Indians coach, John Wright, first noticed his talent and helped him make it to the team of Mumbai Indians. Due to his slightly unorthodox action, a batsman finds it difficult to read him. He uses different bowling techniques that amazes almost everyone. In such a short span of time, he has earned the name of ‘Yorker King’ and ‘Death Over Bowling’ because of his lethal yorker deliveries.
Jasprit is approximately 5′ 11” tall and weighs 68 kg. His chest is around 38 inches and biceps 14 inches. He has dark brown eyes and black hair.
Family, Caste & Girlfriend
Jasprit Singh Bumrah belongs to a middle-class Sikh Ramgarhia family and was born to Jasbir Singh, an industrialist, and Daljit Kaur, principal at Nirman High School, Ahmedabad. He lost his father when he was just 7 years old. His mother, then, raised him single-handedly. He has a sister Juhika Bumrah, a teacher at Zebar School for Children, Ahmedabad.
He was rumored to be in a relationship with Telugu actress, Raashi Khanna.
Jasprit did his schooling at Nirman High School, Ahmedabad. When he was 14 years old, he decided to become a cricketer. In 2012, he started playing as a bowler for the Gujarat Under-19 team. In 2012-2013 Syed Mushtaq Ali Trophy, he played his first T20 match against Maharashtra and won the title of the Man of the Match.
Kishore Trivedi was Jasprit’s coach when he was still studying in school.
In 2013, he started playing for the Mumbai Indians (MI) which was also his IPL debut. In his first IPL match, he took 3 wickets for 32 runs against the Royal Challengers Bangalore (RCB) and became the second bowler who picked three wickets in his debut. In the same year, he made his first-class cricket debut for Gujarat against Vidarbha cricket team in which he took 7 wickets in the match and became the highest wicket-taker of that season. Due to his impressive performance in the IPL 6, the management of Mumbai Indians bought him, yet again, for IPL 7 in 1.2 crores.
Jasprit started his International career in 2016. His debut ODI was against Australia on 23 January 2016 in Sydney; whereas his T20I debut was also against Australia on 26 January 2018 in Adelaide. After this T20I tournament, he was ranked 2nd T20I bowler in the world.
His jersey number is #93 (India) and #93 (IPL, County Cricket).
As in 2018, his Retainer Fee is ₹7 crore, Test Fee is ₹15 lakh, ODI Fee is ₹6 lakh, and T20 Fee is ₹3 lakh.
- Jasprit likes to eat Dhokla.
- His favourite batsmen are Sachin Tendulkar, AB de Villiers, and Virender Sehwag.
- Bumrah admires Colin Croft, Lasith Malinga, and Zaheer Khan.
- He likes to watch Amitabh Bachchan on the silver screen.
- Jasprit didn’t make any run in his first 35 International matches, but he took more than 50 wickets.
- He likes to play against Pakistan and Australia.
- His paternal grandfather, Santokh Singh Bumrah, has not met him since the death of Jasprit’s father. He was, once, a successful businessman and owned three factories in Gujarat. Due to an unfortunate turn of events, he, now, rides an auto-rickshaw to make his ends meet. Santokh Singh Bumrah accuses his daughter-in-law of the ‘sour relations.’
- In June 2017, when the Jaipur Police used the meme of his no ball to Pakistan’s Fakhar Zaman in the ICC Champions Trophy final, he got fumed and showed his displeasure via Twitter.
— Jasprit bumrah (@Jaspritbumrah93) June 23, 2017