Gauri Khan is a producer, interior designer, costume designer, and a social worker. She is the wife of Shah Rukh Khan. Gauri is referred to as ‘The First Lady of Bollywood.’
Gauri was born on 8 October 1970 (48 years; as in 2018) in New Delhi. She was raised in a strict army background as her father was an army person. She attended Delhi’s Loreto Convent School and went to Lady Sriram College, New Delhi to pursue a bachelors degree in History. After completing her studies, she went for a six-months course in fashion designing from the National Institute of Fashion Technology. Gauri was fascinated towards art since her childhood.
Height: 5′ 3″
Weight: 57 Kg
Hair Colour: Black
Eye Colour: Black
Figure Measurements: 34-27-34
Family, Caste & Husband
Gauri was born into a Hindu Family. She is the daughter of Late Colonel Ramesh Chandra Chhibber (army) and Savita Chibber. She has a brother, Vikrant Chibber.
Gauri met Shah Rukh Khan for the first time at the age of 14. She dated Shah Rukh for 7 years before getting married to him on 25 October 1991.
Gauri started her career as a producer in 2004 with the film “Main Hoon Na.” The film performed well at the box office and became the second highest grossing films of the year. Gauri co-owns the film production company “Red Chillies Entertainment, along with her husband. Subsequently, she produced films like “Om Shanti Om” and “Happy New Year.” She also made guest appearances in both the movies. In 2016, Gauri designed a fashion collection titled “Cocktails and Dreams” for the brand ‘Satya Paul.’
She started interior designing as a hobby while renovating her house ‘Mannat.’ In 2010, she collaborated with interior designer Sussane Khan to design interior projects. In 2011, Gauri in partnership with Sussane Khan founded “The Charcoal Project.” Thereafter, she launched her first interior designing store “The Design Cell” at Mumbai in 2014. The store showcases furniture designed by her and by various other Indian designers. Next, she launched her design studio called “Gauri Khan Designs” in 2017.
She has featured in various TV advertisements including the D’Decor’s bedding advertisement and Cinthol soap TVC.
Gauri has also featured on the covers of various magazines including “Femina,” “Surfaces,” “Hello India,” “Vogue,” and “Savvy.”
Gauri Khan co-produced an action thriller film titled ‘Jawan’ in 2023. The first day collection of the film was estimated to be Rs. 129.6 crores which was the biggest opening day in the history of Indian cinema. Hindustan Times
It was speculated that before the birth of their third child, Gauri Khan with her husband, Shah Rukh Khan, went for the sex determination test of their child.
- Actor: Shah Rukh Khan
- Actress: Madhuri Nene Dixit
- Film: Chak De India
- Colour: Black and White
- Perfume: Black Opium
- Travel Destination: UK and Goa
- She loves spending time with her kids.
- Gauri resides at MANNAT, Band Stand, Bandra, Mumbai.
- Gauri is a die-hard fan of Justin Beiber.
- She is a good friend of the director and producer, Karan Johar.
- Gauri met Shah Rukh Khan at the age of 14, while King Khan was 19-year-old at that time.
- Gauri idolizes Victoria Beckham as her style model.
- After her marriage to Shah Rukh Khan, the couple shifted to a small apartment in Mumbai. She wasn’t very happy living there as she belonged to a wealthy family and had never lived in such a small apartment her entire life.
- She has designed home spaces for famous personalities like Mukesh Ambani, Ralph Lauren, Cavalli, Karan Johar, Sidharth Malhotra, and Jacqueline Fernandez.