Jaivijay Sachan is an Indian stand-up comedian and mimicry artist. In 2022, he came into the limelight after appearing in Sony TV’s stand-up comedy show India Laughter Champion.
Jayvijay Sachan was born on Sunday, 18 January 1987 (age 36 years; as of 2022) in Hamirpur, Uttar Pradesh, India. His zodiac sign is Capricorn. Jayvijay did his higher secondary schooling at S.V.M Inter College, Hamirpur. After completing his schooling, he pursued a Bachelor of Arts in Political Science at Bundelkhand University, Jhansi, Uttar Pradesh. Soon after completing his bachelor’s degree, he pursued a Master of Arts in Political Science at Bundelkhand University, Jhansi. In 2009, he pursued an M. A. in Journalism and Mass Communication. LinkedIn – Jayvijay Sachan
Height (approx.): 5′ 9″
Hair Colour: Black
Eye Colour: Black
Parents & Siblings
Jayvijay Sachan’s father, Randheer Sachan, is a businessman in Hamirpur, Bundelkhand. Jayvijay Sachan’s mother, Sangeeta Sachan, is a homemaker. Jayvijay Sachan had a brother named Digvijay Sachan, who was an Ophthalmologist. In 2017, Digvijay Sachan passed away in a road accident. Jayvijay has a sister named Alka Niranjan.
Jayvijay Sachan is unmarried.
In an interview, Jayvijay Sachan talked about his college days and said that he had a girlfriend. According to Jayvijay, he wanted to marry her but due to his financial hardships, the girl left him. Jayvijay said,
I had a girlfriend during college days. I loved her very much, there was a plan of marriage too. He loved paneer and I used to buy paneer worth Rs 40 for him everyday. It was a time of struggle, there was less money in the pocket. One day I dared to propose her for marriage, then she taunted and said- “Will you feed the children also 40 rupees paneer.” That was a very bad day for me. That’s when I decided that I want to earn a lot of money in life.”
Soon after completing his master’s, in 2011, he joined Raftaar News as a news anchor. He worked there till 2013. In April 2013, he joined GNN – Global News Network / News Global e-TV Networks Pvt. Ltd as a news anchor and worked in the position till October 2013. In October 2013, he started working for Janta TV as a news anchor and worked there till January 2014.
In 2014, Jayvijay made his television debut with the Colors TV show India’s Got Talent. Jayvijay was a semifinalist in the show.
In 2017, he appeared as a standup Comedian in the StarPlus show The Great Indian Laughter Challenge.
In 2017, he made his acting debut with the TV show Lakshmi Ghar Aayi in which he played the role of a news anchor.
In 2022, he participated in the TV show India’s Laughter Champion in which he became a semi-finalist. In an interview with a media house, Jayvijay talked about the television show and said,
The experience of being on the India’s Laughter Champion has been incredible. I have been part of so many shows in the past, but the experience here is totally different. I am getting to learn so much and people take years to learn but through ILC I’ve got to learn in 2/3 months. There are so many experienced people working on the show. We work on scripts and there are different levels that our scripts go through before we perform the final act. We get 11/12 pages of scripts that we have to prepare and then we have to present it on stage on such a big platform. This is one of the best experiences of my life and I am getting so much love from people and the audience. I never knew I would be able to stretch my boundaries.” The Times of India
- Jayvijay Sachan is a mimicry artist. According to Jaivijay, he has mimicked more than 200 voices. In an interview, Jaivijay talked about his career as a mimicry artist and said,
After the rejection in Pyaar Mein, I honed my skills a lot, used to do mimicry throughout the day. Eventually I got selected in India’s Got Talent. From there my career started. Today I do mimicry of 350 people.”
- According to Jaivijay, initially, his parents were sceptical about his career as a comedian. They wanted him to pursue a career in engineering or medicine. In an interview, Jaivijay talked about this and said,
No one in my house wanted me to become a comedian. My parents wanted me to become a doctor or an engineer.”
- In an interview, Jaivijay talked about his brother Digvijay Sachan and said that his brother died in a road accident in 2017 in Uttar Pradesh. Jayvijay said that he got the news of his brother’s demise soon before a stage performance in Mumbai; however, Jayvijay decided to participate in the show. He said,
That day was also very strange in my life, when I was in Mumbai and my show was about to happen. At the same time the news came that my brother had died. At that time my brain stopped working, I could not understand what to do, but I performed on the stage with courage.”
- According to Jayvijay, his first salary was Rs 1000, which he received for number feeding work in the BSNL telephone exchange. In an interview, Jaivijay talked about this and said,
During college days, I used to do number feeding work in BSNL telephone exchange, for which I got 1000 rupees. It was a time of great happiness. I had never thought that I would travel by flight, but today 15 days in a month pass only in flight.”
- He follows a non-vegetarian diet. Jayvijay Sachan – Facebook
- He is often spotted consuming alcohol on various occasions.
- According to Jayvijay, despite being a comedian and an actor, he aspires to pursue a full-time career as an impersonator. In an interview, he talked about this and said,
I see myself as a complete entertainment package. But honestly, I dream to take mimicry in India to a next level. Mimicry artists should gain the respect and recognition they deserve. I am dedicated towards my goal, and I want to make a point that being an impersonator is an identity itself.”
- In an interview, Jayvijay revealed that he once received a life-threatening call after he posted a video, impersonating Prime Minister Narendra Modi. He said,
India is a country where sentiments of people are easily hurt. So in my opinion, there should be a line defining comedy. I myself have experienced a life threatening call after I posted a video in support of Modi Ji. But after all, we have people who watch Sarabhai Vs Sarabhai and people who follow AIB as well. It is your choice.”
- In an interview, Jaivijay Sachan talked about Shah Rukh Khan and said that he inspired him. According to Jaivijay, it was one of his dreams to share the stage with Shah Rukh Khan. In 2016, Jaivijay performed in front of Shah Rukh Khan in the reality show Yaaron Ki Baarat. In a Facebook post, Jaivijay talked about meeting Shah Rukh and said,
This was the best moment of my life till date, the memory of which will be clear and fresh in my mind forever. My dedication of 16 long years of doing Shahrukh Khan’s mimicry lead me to meeting and sharing the stage with the man himself. I had a dream and I made it come true. Thank you so much, my fans and friends for your never ending love and support.”