Gehana Vasisth is an Indian television and film actor. She has appeared in the popular TV web series ‘Gandii Baat’ (2018).
Gehana was born on Wednesday, 16 June 1993 (age 26 years; as in 2019), in Chirimiri, Chhattisgarh. Her zodiac sign is Gemini. She completed her schooling from DAV Public School, Chirimiri. Later, she joined All Saints College of Engineering from where she completed her B Tech Degree in Computer Science. Cine Talkers
Height (approx.) 5’ 5”
Eye Colour Black
Hair Colour Black
Family, Caste & Husband
She was born in a Hindu Brahmin Family. Wikipedia Her father’s name is Ravindra Tiwari, an education officer. Her mother’s name is Sita Tiwari. Gehana has three siblings- one sister Namrata Tiwari and two brothers Vedant Tiwari and Sankalp Tiwari. Her grandmother is the retired principal of Arera Convent School. She is not married yet.
She started her career as a model. A TV person, Shahryar Khan, approached her for a modelling project with ‘Monte Carlo.’ She has worked as a model for various brands like Philips Arena, Chevrolet Cruze car, Dreamstone jewellery, and Palak sarees. She has worked in more than 70 advertisements. She appeared as an anchor on Sahara one Channel’s show. In 2010, she appeared in Zee TV’s serial ‘Behenein.’
In 2011, she worked as a VJ on MTV’s show ‘True Life.’ She was crowned as Miss Asia Bikini in 2012, via an online contest. In 2015, she anchored Cricket World Cup 2015 for a news channel. She has appeared in various Hindi, Telugu, and Tamil films including ‘Daal Mein Kuch Kaala Hai’ (2012), ‘Luckhnowi Ishq’ (2015), and ‘Peigal Jaakkirathai’ (2016).
She was roped in for ALTBalaji’s original web series ‘Gandii Baat (2018).’ She has also worked in various shows of Ullu app.
- In July 2012, she made a controversy through a photoshoot in which she wore a bikini with the national flag of India wrapped around her waist. She violated the norms mentioned under the ‘Prevention of Insult to National Honour Act of 1971.’ India Today
- In 2017, she passed controversial comments against Bigg Boss 11 contestants Arshi Khan and Priyank Sharma. NDTV India
- Her real name is Vandana Tiwari, but she changed her name before entering the entertainment industry.
- Her family and friends call her ‘Zindagi.’ Cine Talkers
- She suffered from a major cardiac arrest on 24 November 2019, while she was shooting for her web series. She was working non-stop for 48 hours and was not eating properly. After being on a ventilator for 2-3 days, she started recovering. She was admitted to Mumbai’s Raksha Multispeciality Hospital.
- Her doctor said,
Gehana Vasisth was shooting for nearly 48 hours without consuming proper nourishment. She has been admitted to the Intensive Care section and we are doing a series of tests on her. She is suffering from diabetes and her sugar is on the higher side, while her BP is very low. We were told she consumed some energy drinks and was also taking medication for diabetes and some other ailment. We are not sure if there was any reaction between what she consumed. We have to wait for the results of all the tests.”
References [ + ]