Prajakta Koli is a popular Indian YouTuber and blogger. She is best known for her comedy videos on her YouTube channel ‘MostlySane.’
Prajakta was born on Sunday, 27 June 1993 (age 30 years; as of 2023) in Thane, Mumbai. Her zodiac sign is Cancer. She did her schooling from Vasant Vihar High School in Thane, Mumbai. Later, she pursued a Bachelor of Mass Media from V G Vaze College of Arts, Science and Commerce in Mulund, Mumbai. Outlook Business
Height (approx.): 5′ 5″
Eye Colour: Brown
Hair Colour: Black
Family & Caste
Parents & Siblings
Her father, Manoj Koli, is a real-estate businessman turned restaurateur. Her mother’s name is Archana Koli who is a phonetics and language teacher. She is the only child of her parents.
She was in a long-term relationship with Vrishank Khanal, who is a lawyer.
Prajakta and Vrishank got engaged in September 2023, which was announced by Prajakta via an Instagram post.
She joined the radio channel ‘Fever 104’ as an intern a week after her final exams of the third year of her graduation. Within a few days of her job, she felt the job pressure and workload, but she continued working as an intern for a year. She shed almost 11 kg of body weight due to excessive stress in the organization. She got her first show “Call Centre” as a radio jockey, but the show failed to do well and was a flop.
During her internship, she met many Bollywood celebrities including Hrithik Roshan, Jackie Shroff, and Ayushmann Khurrana. Her meeting with Hrithik Roshan was the turning point of her life, as she was spotted by Sudeep Lahiri who came with Hrithik at the radio station where Koli was working. Sudeep asked Prajakta to start her YouTube channel as he noticed that she is capable of making comedy videos.
In February 2015, she started her YouTube channel ‘MostlySane.’ Her debut YouTube video was a monologue ‘Five Types of Singles on Valentine’s Day.’ Her video ‘Hilarious Words Delhi People Use’ went viral in June 2015.
She then started uploading three videos per week including ‘RealTalk Tuesday,’ ‘Comedy video on Thursday,’ and ‘SawaalSaturday.’ She has also uploaded a few Vlogs on her YouTube channel. In January 2020, she started ‘Pretty Fit’ series on her channel featuring Indian celebrities like Neha Kakkar, Kareena Kapoor, and Sanya Malhotra.
She got immense popularity with her YouTube videos and has almost 6 million subscribers on her channel ‘MostlySane.’ She was featured in the TV commercial of ‘WhatsApp’ in 2018 to stop spreading fake news through this messaging app.
Prajakta has appeared in a few music videos like “Shameless” (2017), “No Offence” (2018), and “Yeh Diss Gaana Hai” (2020).
In 2020, she played the role of Asha in the Haryanvi short film ‘Khayali Pulao’ to promote women empowerment.
She has also acted in the Netflix web-series ‘Mismatched’ starring Rohit Saraf in 2020. The web-series received a great response from the audience and critics as well.
- Food: Chicken Momos, Eggs, Sausages, Granola Bars, Chocolate Smoothie
- Actor: Hrithik Roshan
- Comedian: Ellen DeGeneres
- Colour: Black
- YouTuber(s): Ashish Shakya, Nikunj Lotia, Collins Key, Miranda Sings, and Lele Pons
- Holiday Destination: Europe
- While she was in school and college, she often participated in debates and various extra-curricular activities.
- At the age of 11, she decided to become a Radio Jockey after completing her graduation.
- By the age of 15 or 16, she started working as an anchor and has also worked with various theatre groups.
- She started the campaign #IPledgeToBeMe on World Mental Health Day in 2016 and released her rap song ‘Shameless’ on the same day.
- She won ‘Viral Queen of the Year’ award (2018) at the IWM Digital Awards.
- She became the face of ‘H&M’s online store in 2018.
- In the same year, she was selected as the Indian ambassador for YouTube’s ‘Creators for Change’ initiative and was among the 50 YouTubers who were selected from across the world.
- In 2018, she became the first female comedy creator in India to have one million subscribers.
- She was associated with the #GirlsCount campaign for One.Org in 2018.
- Her initial journey as a YouTuber was not easy. She used to receive many hate comments and was criticised and people used to call her ‘wannabe superwoman’ referring to the Indo-Canadian YouTuber Lilly Singh.
- In September 2019, she participated in the International Day of Tolerance and Goalkeepers program at the UN Headquarters in New York.
- In 2019, she was listed in Forbes’ list of 30 under 30,’ ‘Entrepreneur India’s list of 35 under 35,’ and ‘Outlook Business Magazine’s list of Women of Worth.’ She has won various awards including Cosmopolitan’s YouTuber of the Year award (2019).