Rohit Saraf or Rohit Suresh Saraf was born on Sunday, 8 December 1996 (age 23 years; as in 2019), in Kathmandu, Nepal. His zodiac sign is Sagittarius. He completed his schooling from St Francis D’Assisi High School in Solapur, Mumbai. He did graduation from St. Xavier’s College in Mumbai.
Family, Caste & Girlfriend
Rohit was born into a Hindu-Nepali family. His father Suresh Saraf died when Rohit was too young. Rohit uses his father’s name as his middle name. Rohit’s mother Anita Saraf used to work in a private company in Delhi. Rohit has one brother and two sisters- Ankit Saraf, Swati Saraf Agarwal, and Megha Saraf.
Reportedly, he was in a relationship with fashion stylist Varsha Harlalka.
When he was 15 years old, he started his journey in the Hindi Film Industry. In 2012, he debuted on V channel’s serial ‘Best Friends Forever,’ as Sahil. He appeared in other Indian TV serials including- Life Ok’s ‘Ek Boond Ishq’ (2014) and anthology series ‘MTV Big F’ (2015). He has appeared in various TV commercials including KFC, Disney channel, Sunfeast Dark Fantasy Chocolate, and Engage Deodrants.
He got the opportunity to act in the Norwegian film ‘What Will People Say’ in the year 2017, which was selected as Norwegian entry for the Best Foreign Language Film at the 91st Academy Awards. He debuted in Bollywood with the movie ‘Dear Zindagi’ (2016) in which he played the role of Alia Bhatt’s brother. Later, he appeared in the movie Bollywood movie ‘Hichki’ (2019), in which he played the role of Akshay. In 2019, he was roped in for the Bollywood movie ‘The Sky Is Pink,’ in which he played the son of Priyanka Chopra and Farhan Akhtar.
- Food: North-Indian Cuisines and Mexican Cuisines
- He is a trained Kathak dancer and performs on the stage.
- His hobbies include travelling, camping, reading books, playing board games, and cooking.
- He has two dogs Rudy and Pishu.
- He loves to go on a long drive, and his two favourite places in Maharashtra are- Mulshi and Lonavala.
- He got two tattoos inked- one is his father’s name, and the other is his mother’s name.