Shabbir Ahmed is an Indian lyricist, music composer, singer, and poet. He has worked as a lyricist in many popular Hindi films like ‘Bodyguard’ (2011), ‘Kick’ (2014) and ‘K.G.F: Chapter 2’ (2022; Hindi version).
Height (approx.): 5′ 7″
Hair Colour: Black
Eye Colour: Brown
Parents & Siblings
His father has passed away. He has an elder brother and a younger brother.
Wife & Children
On 13 May 2014, he got married to Shumaila Ahmed, and on 14 May 2014, the couple had a reception at Lokhandwala Celebration Club, Mumbai.
Later, his wife started her YouTube channel Shahi Lazzat on which she uploads her recipes. The couple has a son and two daughters. One of his daughters’ names is Sharia Ahmed.
Lyricist and Music Composer
In 2004, he started his career as a lyricist with the Hindi film ‘Garv: Pride & Honour’ for the songs “Hum Tumko Nigahon Mein” and “Fariyaad Kya Kare Ham.”
He has worked as a lyricist in various Hindi films starring Salman Khan. Some of such films are ‘Shaadi Karke Phas Gaya Yaar’ (2006; for the song “Deewane Dil Ko”), ‘Partner’ (2007; for the songs “Sonee De Nakhre,” “Duppatta Teraa,” and “You Are My Love”), ‘God Tussi Great Ho’ (2008; for the songs “Tujhe Aksa Beach Ghuma Du” and “O God Tussi Great Ho”), ‘Bodyguard’ (2011; for all songs along with Neelesh Misra), ‘Bajrangi Bhaijaan’ (2015; for the song “Aaj Ke Party”), and ‘Kisi Ka Bhai Kisi Ki Jaan’ (2023; for the songs “Naiyo Lagda”, “Falling in Love,” “Bathukamma,” and “Yentamma”).
As a lyricist, he has worked in many other Hindi films like ‘Apna Sapna Money Money’ (2006; for six songs), ‘Kismat Konnection’ (2008; four songs), ‘Singham Returns’ (2014; one song), ‘Sanam Teri Kasam’ (2016; one song), and ‘Simmba’ (2018; two songs).
He has also composed a few Hindi songs like “Vande Mataram” and “Allah Hu Allah” from ‘Romeo Akbar Walter’ (2019) and “Junoon Hai” from ‘Khuda Haafiz 2’ (2022; along with Ayaz Kohli).
Ahmed has worked as a lyricist in various Hindi music albums like ‘Saajna’ (2003; all songs), ‘Khwaishein’ (2008; for the songs “Khwaaishein” and “Aao Na, Aake Na Phir Jaao Na”), ‘Armaan’ (2014; for the song “Kyo”), and ‘Himesh Ke Dil Se’ (2021; for the songs “Piya Ji Ke Sanng, Mehendi Ka Ranngg” and “Terri Aashiqui Ne Maarraa”).
In 2011, he penned down the lyrics of the Hindi song “Khuda” from the music album ‘A Foreign Affair,’ an album by American jazz fusion band Spyro Gyra.
In 2015, he sang the Hindi songs ‘Super Girl From China’ and ‘Teddy Bear’ along with the Indian singer Kanika Kapoor.
He has also appeared as one of the jury members in various seasons of the Zee TV reality singing show ‘Sa Re Ga Ma Pa L’il Champs.’
Mirchi Music Awards
- 2012: Nominated for Critics’ Award for Album of the Year for the Hindi film Bodyguard
- 2012: Nominated for Critics’ Award for Best Song of the Year for the Hindi film Bodyguard
- 2012: Nominated for Critics’ Award for Lyricist of the Year for the Hindi film Bodyguard for the song “Teri Meri”
- 2017: Won Mirchi Top 20 Award
- 2020: Nominated for Critics’ Award for Independent Music Category (Indies)
Zee Cine Awards
- 2019: Won Viewers’ Choice Award for Best Song of the Year for the song “Aankh Marey” from Hindi film Simmba; shared with Tanishk Bagchi
- 2019: Nominated for Viewers’ Choice Award Best Song of the Year “Dilbar” from the Hindi film Satyameva Jayate
- 2019: Nominated for Viewers’ Choice Award for Best Song of the Year for Love Will Take Over
- 2012: Nominated for International Indian Film Academy Award for the song “Teri Meri” from the Hindi film Bodyguard
- 2015: Nominated for Bollywood Hungama Surfers’ Choice Music Award for the song “Jumme Ki Raat” from the Hindi film Kick
- Poet: Anand Bakshi
- Music Director: Himesh Reshammiya
- Quote: You will get success in life with the blessings of your parents
- In childhood, he wanted to make his career in acting. However, his father guided him to become a lyricist. The Times of India
- While growing up, he used to listen to the compositions of the renowned Indian music composers Naushad, Mohammed Zahur Khayyam, and Madan Mohan.
- In an interview, he shared that in childhood, he faced various financial difficulties, and his family used to eat dal-chawal and sabzi only when guests arrived at their homes.
- In his leisure time, he loves to read books and listen to poetries written by the Indian poets Sahir Ludhianvi, Gulzar, and Harivansh Rai Bachchan.
- Ahmed considers the Indian actor Salman Khan his godfather in Bollywood. In an interview, while talking about it, he said that he had done many films with Salman and written several songs for him including ‘You’re my love,’ ‘Aksa Beach,’ ‘Soni de Nakhre’ and more. He said that he felt very indebted to Salman for giving him the opportunity. He had been struggling in the film industry for a while, and Salman had seen him and helped him with his ideas.