Ankur Bhatia is an Indian actor and model, who mainly works in Hindi films and TV serials. In 2023, he played the role of a transgender activist in the Hindi film ‘Taali,’ which was released on JioCinema.
Ankur Bhatia was born on Saturday, 24 May 1980 (age 43 years; as of 2023) in Bhopal, Madhya Pradesh, India. His zodiac sign is Gemini.
From 1998 to 2002, he did BS in Computer Science at Devi Ahilya Vishwavidyalaya, Indore. He pursued MS in Mathematics and Finance at the University of Connecticut, US, from 2003 to 2004. LinkedIn – Ankur Bhatia He then attended the New York Film Academy to learn more about filmmaking and acting.
Height (approx.): 6′ 3″
Weight (approx.): 75 kg
Hair Colour: Black
Eye Colour: Light Brown
Body Measurements (approx.): Chest 42″, Waist 32″, Biceps 16″
Parents & Siblings
His father’s name is Sateesh Bhatia, and his mother’s name is Kiran Bhatia. He has a brother named Aman Bhatia.
He is unmarried.
In January 2005, he joined a private firm named Buck Consultants’ actuarial science & finance department in Connecticut, United States. After working there for almost two years, he joined a private firm named PwC in the mergers and acquisitions department in New York, US. He worked there for around one and a half years. From July 2008 to January 2009, he worked in the mergers and acquisitions department at Deloitte in New York, US. He then worked at the private firm Mercer in the actuarial science and finance department in New York. He worked there from April 2009 to February 2012.
In 2010, he made his acting debut with Payal Sethi’s short film “Grant St. Shaving Co,” which was produced by Mira Nair. He played the role of Bunty in the short film.
Some of the other short films in which he appeared are ‘Coming Home’ (2011), ‘Coconut Grove’ (2011), and ‘A Dirty Business’ (2012).
In 2013, he made his Bollywood debut with ‘Zanjeer’ in which he played the role of Bosco.
He has acted in a few other Hindi films like ‘Sarbjit’ (2016), ‘Haseena Parkar’ (2017), ‘Bhavai’ (2021), and ‘Bloody Daddy’ (2023).
Ankur has appeared in a few Hindi web series like ‘Aarya’ (2020; Disney+ Hotstar), ‘Crackdown’ (2020; Voot), and ‘Taali’ (2023; JioCinema).
In 2006, he acted in the short video ‘Beyond Life.’
- 2012: Best Actor Commendation Award at the NYU Tisch School of the Arts Film Festival for the short film Coconut Grove
- 2021: The Mumbai Achievers Awards 2020
A heartbeat tattoo on his left forearm
- Ankur loves sneakers and has a good collection of them.
- He is a fitness enthusiast and follows a regular workout regimen.
- In his leisure time, he loves painting, cooking, and reading books.
- He has been featured on the cover of various magazines like Fashion Herald and Downtown Mirror.
- On his Instagram, he has shared a few pictures of him smoking cigars.
- He is an avid animal lover and owns a few pet dogs.