Vaani Kapoor is a popular Indian actress and a former model. She debuted in the movie Shuddh Desi Romance (2013), for which she bagged many awards.
She was born on Tuesday, 23 August 1988 (age 31 years; as in 2019), in Delhi. Her zodiac sign is Leo. She did her schooling from Mata Jai Kaur Public School, Ashok Vihar in Delhi. Later, she did a bachelor degree in tourism from Indira Gandhi National Open University (IGNOU). Thereafter, she did years internship with ‘The Oberoi Hotels’ in Jaipur. Later, she worked with ITC Hotels.
Eye Colour: Dark Brown
Hair Colour: Black
Family, Caste & Boyfriend
She belongs to a North Indian Hindu Family. Her father, Shiv Kapoor, is an entrepreneur (owns a furniture export business) and her mother, Dimpy Kapoor, is a marketing executive. Earlier, her mother used to work as a teacher. Vaani has an elder sister, Nupur Chopra, who is married and settled in Dubai.
At the beginning of her career, she was rumoured to be in a relationship with the director and producer Aditya Chopra.
Later, there were rumours that she was dating the fashion designer Nikhil Thampi.
Vaani started her career as a model with the modelling agency, Elite Model Management. She has worked with renowned fashion designers like Payal Singhal and Sailex Nairangbam. She has also done many TV commercials including Cadbury Dairy Milk Silk, Oppo Mobiles, and Tribhovandas Bhimji Zaveri Jewellery. She debuted as an actor in the 2013’s Bollywood movie Shuddh Desi Romance. In 2014, she debuted in Tamil movie Aaha Kalyanam, which was the remake of Bollywood movie Band Baaja Baaraat (2010).
She has also appeared in the Bollywood films Befikre (2016) and War (2019). She was selected as the female lead in Ranbir Kapoor and Sanjay Dutt starrer Bollywood movie ‘Shamshera’ (2020).
Just before the release of her second Bollywood movie ‘Befikre’ (2016) she underwent a lip and chin surgery to enhance her looks. Her surgery turned out to be a disaster, and she got badly trolled for it on the internet. However, the actress has denied it. India Today
Awards & Honours
2013: Best Female Debut for Shuddh Desi Romance
International Indian Film Academy Awards
2013: Star Debut of the Year for Shuddh Desi Romance (Female)
- Cuisine: North-Indian and Italian
- Actor(s): Bradley Cooper and Hrithik Roshan
- Actress(es): Rekha and Madhuri Dixit
- Film: He’s Just Not That Into You (Hollywood, 2009)
- Song: Paani Da Rang (Vicky Donor, 2012)
- Singer: Adele
- Colour(s): Black and White
- Director(s): Rajkumar Hirani and Yash Chopra
- While signing her first film, she signed a contract of three films with Yash Raj Films.
- She has featured on the covers of many popular magazines like Maxim, FHM, Cosmopolitan, Femina Wedding Times, Elle, Vogue, and Femina.
- Before starting her modelling career, she used to wear braces.
- She revealed in an interview, that her father wanted her to get married at an early age just like his elder daughter, but Vaani refused to do so.
- In 2017, Vaani appeared in the Yash Raj’s remake music video “Main Yaar Manana Ni.”
- She shares a good bond with the actress Raashi Khanna, and they are best friends since a very long time.
- In an interview, when asked about travelling, she replied
I travel during my leisure hours, and I love going to Dubai, Singapore, European countries, and others too. My sister is in Dubai and I often go there to meet her. I love getting in my family time, and I also watch a lot of films and shows. Also since I love travelling, I go to other places whenever I have time.”