At present, Shahrukh Khan is one of the most proficient actors of Bollywood. His fans call him lovingly with the nicknames like SRK, King Khan, King of Romance, and Baadshah. Apart from an actor, he is also a talented producer and entrepreneur. Check out Shahrukh Khan wiki, height, weight, age, wife, caste, family, biography and more.
Born on 2 November 1965, Shahrukh Khan belongs to New Delhi in India. He did his schooling at the St. Columba’s School in Delhi and completed his Bachelor’s degree in Economics from the Hansraj College, University of Delhi. He is also Post Graduated in Mass Communications (Filmmaking) from the Jamia Millia Islamia University in New Delhi. He had been a talented student during his school days and even received the award ‘Sword of Honor’ in his school.
In 1981, when he was 15 years old, his father died due to cancer. At Pankaj Udhas‘s concert in Delhi, he earned his life’s first income ₹50. Khan spend this salary to saw the Taj Mahal in Agra. He also tried to establish a small restaurant business at Dariya Ganj in Delhi, but it didn’t get successful.
In 1991, after the death of his mother, SRK shifted to Mumbai along with his sister Shahnaz Lalarukh. He did a lot of struggle to build his career in Mumbai, and during this time his close friend and co-actor (in the movie- Raju Ban Gaya Gentleman), Vivek Vaswani helped him a lot. At the end of the late 90s, he became famous as the “King of Romance” in India.
In 2012, his biography titled “King Khan: The Official Opus of Shah Rukh Khan” was published, and he became the first Bollywood actor, and the second citizen of India after Sachin Tendulkar to have his biography published by Kraken Opus, a publishing company operating from London and the United Arab Emirates.
Having dark brown eyes and black hair Shahrukh has a nice body sculpture with a broad chest- 40,” slim waist- 32″, and solid biceps- 14.” His 5’ 8” height and 75 kg weight made him a suitable protagonist for different types of roles in the film industry.
Family, Caste & Wife
Shahrukh hails from an Islamic middle-class Indian family in New Delhi. His father Late Taj Mohammad Khan was a businessman and had a transport company, whereas his mother Late Lateef Fatima was a magistrate as well as the social worker. He has one elder sister Shahnaz Lalarukh. They used to live in a rental apartment in Delhi.
His parents had a love marriage, and their love story began in a hospital when his father donated his blood to his mother who was injured.
On 25 October 1991, he was married to his college girlfriend Gauri Chibber who is now an Indian film producer and an interior designer. He has two sons- Aryan Khan, AbRam Khan and one daughter- Suhana Khan.
After his education, SRK decided to make his career in the field of acting and made his small screen debut with the serial ‘Fauji’ in 1989. Then, he appeared in several TV serials like ‘Umeed,’ ‘Wagle Ki Duniya,’ and ‘Mahan Karz.’ He also worked in an English language telefilm- ‘In Which Annie Gives It Those Ones.’
After two years, he entered into the Indian film Industry with the movie ‘Deewana’ in 1992 and, then, signed the movies like ‘Chamatkar,’ ‘Raju Ban Gaya Gentleman,’ ‘Maya Memsaab,’ ‘King Uncle,’ ‘Baazigar,’ ‘Darr,’ and also a cameo in ‘Pehla Nasha.’
In 1994, he worked in the film- ‘Kabhi Haan Kabhi Naa’ on a salary of ₹25,000 only and even sold the movie tickets at the booking window of a Mumbai’s theatre. In 1995, his film “Dilwale Dulhaniya Le Jayenge” proved a blockbuster in theatres all over the country.
He has triumphed many Filmfare Awards– Best Debut Actor for ‘Deewana’ (1993), Best Actor for ‘Baazigar’ (1994), Critics Award for Best Actor for ‘Kabhi Haan Kabhi Naa’ (1995), Best Villain for ‘Anjaam’ (1995), Best Actor for ‘Dilwale Dulhania Le Jayenge’ (1996), Best Actor for ‘Dil To Pagal Hai’ (1998), Best Actor for ‘Kuch Kuch Hota Hai’ (1999), Critics Award for ‘Best Actor for Mohabbatein’ (2001), ‘Best Actor for ‘Devdas’ (2003), Best Actor for ‘Swades’ (2005), Best Actor for ‘Chak De India’ (2008), and Best Actor for ‘My Name Is Khan’ (2011).
Apart from the above awards, he also received the honours- ‘Padma Shri’ by the Government of India (2005), ‘Goodwill Ambassador’ by the Government of South Korea (2013), ‘Légion d’honneur’ by the Government of France (2014), ‘NDTV Indian of the Year’ (2007), ‘Pyramide con Marni’ by the ‘UNESCO’ (2011) and ‘Swiss Consulate Trophy’ (2002).
He also got 24th annual ‘Crystal Award’ by the ‘World Economic Forum’ for his exceptional endeavour for women empowerment, child rights and acid attack victims.
In 2001, he had to pay a fine of ₹12,627 on the allegation of not paying the license fee, and illegal use of a plot of land, which was consigned to her mother on an annual licence fee.
In 2008, Shahrukh and Indian film actor Salman Khan had an argumentation and fight at Katrina Kaif’s birthday party. Then, in 2012, he again became a controversial figure by slapping Shirish Kunder (Farah Khan‘s husband) in a party. In the same year, he was criticized for mistreating a security guard during an IPL match at Wankhede stadium in Mumbai and was also barred to enter the stadium.
In 2016, he had to face the allegations of the officials of flouting heritage rules for building a ramp outside his bungalow, which was later demolished by the BMC officials.
- His father was the distant relative of Subhash Chandra Bose (freedom fighter of India).
- Shahrukh likes to play computer games.
- His hobby is collecting gadgets (especially-hi-tech).
- King of Romance loves to play cricket, hockey, and football.
- He doesn’t like the sentimental and liar people.
- SRK hates getting pictured while eating.
- He loves to eat Tandoori Chicken (which he can eat daily) and Chinese Cuisines.
- His favourite beverages are coffee and Pepsi (a cold drink).
- Shahrukh reveres the actors, Dilip Kumar, and Amitabh Bachchan moreover adores the actresses Mumtaz and Saira Banu.
- King Khan often watches an American TV show- ‘Narcos.’
- His favourite colours are blue, black and white.
- His cherished tourist destinations are London & Dubai.
- Baadshah uses the perfumes Diptyque, Armani, Tuscany and Azzaro.
- He likes to read the book- ‘The Hitch-Hiker’s Guide to The Galaxy’ (Author Douglas).
- He feels good in the outfits- Jeans, T-Shirt and Jacket.
- SRK enjoys the company of his co-stars Sanjay Dutt, Anil Kapoor, Jackie Shroff, Juhi Chawla, Kajol, and Madhuri Dixit.
- He is a great fan of Indian film director Manmohan Desai and music composer A. R. Rahman.
- Shahrukh’s favourite fashion designers are Dolce & Gabbana.
- Shahrukh Khan likes to drive the cars- Audi A6 Luxury Saloon, Bentley Continental GT, BMW 6 Series, BMW 7 Series, BMW i8, Bugatti Veyron, Mitsubishi Pajero SFX, Rolls Royce Phantom Drophead Coupe, and Toyota Land Cruiser Prado.
- King of Romance doesn’t stammer in his real life but his dialogue “I love you KKK Kiran” from the movie- Darr, became an all-time favourite among the audience.
- During the shooting for the song ‘Chaiya Chaiya’ on a moving train in the movie- ‘Dil Se,’ he performed without any protection, whereas other dancers were tied to the train for safety.
- Baadshah is also famous for his hosting skills and hosted many shows as well as events like the Filmfare awards, 20th, 21st Life OK Screen Awards, 6th, 14th International Indian Film Academy Awards and many others.
- He has connections with many charitable organizations like ‘Make A Wish Foundation.’
- King Khan has also hosted a hit show ‘Kaun Banega Crorepati’- Season 3 aired on Sony TV.
- He has been selected as the brand ambassador for numerous government campaigns like ‘Pulse Polio’ and ‘National AIDS Control’. He was also appointed as the first global ambassador of the ‘Water Supply and Sanitation Collaborative Council’ by ‘UNOPS.’
- His mannequin is situated in London’s ‘Madame Tussaud’s Museum’.
- SRK greatly believes in numerology and considers number 555 lucky for him. His all cars have this number, and his personal e-mail ID also includes the same number.