Anant Ambani is the youngest son of the billionaire businessman Mukesh Ambani. He got engaged to Radhika Merchant, the daughter of the CEO of Encore Healthcare Viren Merchant, on 29 December 2022.
Anant Ambani was born on Monday, 10 April 1995 (age 27 years; as of 2022) in Mumbai, India. He did his schooling at Dhirubhai Ambani International School, Mumbai. He received a bachelor’s degree from Brown University in Rhode Island.
Height (approx.): 5′ 8″
Weight (approx.): 110 kg
Hair Colour: Black
Eye Colour: Black
In 2016, his physical transformation went viral on the internet as he lost almost 108 kg of his body weight in less than 18 months. He followed a no-sugar and low-carbohydrate diet. According to some reports, he used to walk around 21 km per day and do high-intensity cardio exercises to lose his body weight.
Family & Caste
Anant Ambani belongs to a Vaishya-Hindu (Gujarati Modh Bania) family.
Parents & Siblings
His father, Mukesh Ambani, is a billionaire businessman, he is the chairman and managing director of Reliance Industries Limited. His mother, Nita Ambani is an Indian philanthropist. She is the founder and chairperson of the Reliance Foundation and Dhirubhai Ambani Internation School. She is also the director of Reliance Industries.
He has two siblings, Akash Ambani, leader of the telecom unit of RIL, and sister, Isha Ambani, leader of the retail unit of RIL (Reliance Industries Limited).
Anant Ambani and Radhika Merchant are childhood friends. In 2018, a picture of the couple went viral on the internet after which the rumours about their dating were spread. Radhika Merchant was also spotted at various family functions of Anant Ambani.
Anant Ambani got engaged to Radhika Merchant on 19 January 2023, after performing the traditional Gujarati ceremonies of Gol Dhana and Chunari Vidhi at their family residence ‘Antilia’ in Mumbai, India. The Economic Times However, the ‘roka’ ceremony of the couple took place on 29 December 2022 at the Shrinathji Temple, Nathdwara, Rajasthan. The Economic Times
After completing his graduation from Brown University in the USA, Anant Ambani formally joined his family business at the age of 20 and started working in various capacities. He was nominated as a member of the Badrinath-Kedarnath Temple Committee by TS Rawat, the chief minister of Uttarakhand in March 2019. He was made head of the energy unit of Reliance Industries Limited on 29 August 2022. His father, Mukesh Ambani, announced this at the 45th Annual General Meeting (AGM) of the firm.
- Rolls Royce Phantom
- BMW i8
- Mercedes-Benz G63 AMG
- Land Rover Range Rover Vogue
- Mercedes-Benz S-Class
Reportedly, Anant Ambani owns a beach-side villa (worth $ 80 million) in Dubai, which is bought by his father, Mukesh Ambani, for him.
- Food: Gujarati Food
- TV Show: Kaun Banega Crorepati
- Anant Ambani has been suffering from asthma for a long time and in the treatment of it, he had to take a lot of steroids due to which he gained a massive weight. Till 2014, he weighed around 208 kg.
- Anant Ambani is often spotted attending various sports events with his family members. He also remains active in participating in the management of various sports events such as the Indian Premier League in which the Mumbai Indians Team is owned by Reliance Industries Limited (RIL).
- On 23 December 2017, Anant Ambani gave an enthusiastic speech at the grand celebration of RIL’s 40th anniversary in which he addressed his firm, Reliance Industries Limited, as Reliance family, and said that serving his firm was the most important to him. He said,
For me, to serve the Reliance family is the most important mission of my life. India should lead the change and Reliance should be at the forefront of that change. Reliance meri jaan hai (Reliance is my life).”
- Anant Ambani is an ardent devotee of Lord Balaji and often visits the Tirumala temple. In 2012, he decided to donate a light-skinned Airavath (sacred white elephant) to the Lord Balaji temple in Tirumala. He has also donated several milch cows, buffaloes, parrots, and other animals to the temple. Deccan Herald
- Like his mother, Anant also remains active in philanthropic activities. He has made several donations and funding to various programmes to protect wildlife in the Seven Hills in Tirumala. He has also donated a huge amount of money to the Nitya Annadanam scheme. Deccan Herald
|↑1||The Economic Times|
|↑2||The Economic Times|
|↑3, ↑4||Deccan Herald|