Akash Ambani’s surname speaks a lot for himself. Yes, he was born into India’s richest family- the Ambani family on 23 October 1991.
He is the eldest son of Mukesh Ambani and Nita Ambani. He completed his schooling at Campion School and Dhirubhai Ambani International School, Mumbai.
*As per his interviews and media reports, Akash has no idea about his family wealth and riches until one day in school in XI standard while he was writing an essay on Reliance for a business and management course.*
He later went to Brown University in the United States. He has completed a major in economics from there. Coming back he joined his father’s business and currently works as Chief of strategy, Reliance Jio Infocomm.
During his teenage times, he was fat and stout, but later he worked out and turned himself into a fit person. He is as tall as 5′ 10″ and before getting engaged he was counted on the list of the most eligible bachelors in India.
Family & Caste
Akash belongs to a Vaishya (Gujarati Modh Bania) family.
Parents & Siblings
Akash Ambani is the eldest son of India’s richest entrepreneur- Mukesh Ambani and his wife Nita Ambani.
He was born with a twin sister named- Isha Ambani.
Relationships, Wife & Children
On 24 March 2018, Akash Ambani got engaged to his school time girlfriend- Shloka Mehta, the daughter of India’s richest diamantaire- Russell Mehta. On 9 March 2019, they got married at the Jio World Centre (JWC), Bandra Kurla Complex in Mumbai.
On Thursday, 10 December 2020, Akash and Shloka welcomed their first child (a son) together.
When he came back from the States with a degree in Economics, he interned with his father at their family business and he currently works as Chief of strategy, Reliance Jio Infocomm. He started working just after four days of his graduation. It was basically a 60-person start-up team, which later gave birth to Jio.
His twin sister, Isha Ambani, is a co-director at Jio and Reliance Retail.
He co-owns Mumbai Indians.
On 27 June 2022, he took the reins of Reliance Jio after his father, Mukesh Ambani, resigned from the board of the company. The Hindu On 28 August 2023, he was appointed as the non-executive director of Reliance Industries Limited along with Isha Ambani and Anant Ambani. The Times of India
- He was born with a twin sister- Isha Ambani.
- Until the time of his secondary grades, he did not have any idea about his wealth and riches.
- His Fiancee, Shloka Mehta, was his schoolmate, they both used to study in the same school- Dhirubhai Ambani International School.
- He is a die-hard fan of the English Arsenal Football Club since 2005.
- He is the co-owner of Mumbai Indians.
- He loves collecting sports souvenirs such as Arsenal jerseys and Sunil Gavaskar’s bat from the 1983 World Cup Final.
- In April 2021, Reliance Industries Ltd bought Stoke Park in Buckinghamshire, United Kingdom for Akash. Reportedly, Reliance bought this iconic country club and luxury golf resort in Britain for 57 million pounds (about Rs. 592 crores). The Hindu