Joseph Radhik is an Indian celebrity wedding photographer. He has clicked the wedding pictures of many celebrities including Priyanka Chopra-Nick Jonas, Katrina Kaif– Vicky Kaushal, and Varun Dhawan–Natasha Dalal.
Joseph Radhik R Facebook- Joseph Radhik was born on Sunday, 26 June 1983 (age 38 years; as of 2021) in Coastal Andhra, Andhra Pradesh. He was brought up in Hyderabad, Telangana. His zodiac sign is Cancer.
He did Bachelor of Engineering from 2001 to 2005 at Osmania University, Andhra Pradesh. Subsequently, he enrolled himself in IIM Indore to pursue an MBA. From 2005 to 2007, he did PGDM (Management, Marketing, Strategy, Supply Chain) from the Indian Institute of Management, Indore, Madhya Pradesh. LinkedIn- Joseph Radhik Get Pepped Now While he was pursuing PGDM, he represented L’Oreal India at Paris for L’Oreal Brandstorm. He was then declared the 2nd (National) Runner-up. He was also the regional winner at Dabur Navigator, and finalist at Ogilvy’s Concept2Creative.
Height (approx.): 5′ 8″
Hair Colour: Black
Eye Colour: Black
Parents & Siblings
He has an elder brother and an elder sister.
Wife & Children
Joseph met the Indian wedding planner Devika Narain in 2013 in Bali while they were working on a wedding project. They again met while working on a wedding project in Jaipur and became friends. Soon, they fell in love with each other. In an interview, Joseph’s wife shared her memories of dating Joseph. She said,
It has been a long journey and a lot of travel and coordination. I lived in New Delhi and Joseph was based in Mumbai. We had to find several excuses to meet, whether it was in a new country or in our hometowns. By the end of 2016, we decided to get married.”
The couple got engaged in December 2016, and on 17 February 2017, they tied the knot in a private ceremony held at Devika’s farmhouse. During an interview, while talking about the marriage, Joseph said,
One of the biggest contributing factors was our choice of wedding photographers. We desired Canada-based Erika and Lanny Mann, who are also our friends, to capture the special moments. Since it would be freezing cold in their home country around that time, it would also mean that they would have relatively fewer work commitments.”
In June 2007, he joined Colgate Palmolive, New York, as a management trainee and was promoted to the position of area manager of customer development in June 2008. He then started working as manager of business development at Elephant Design Pvt. Ltd., Pune, Maharashtra. In 2010, he quit his job to become a full-time wedding photographer. He co-founded a wedding photography company ‘Stories by Joseph Radhik’ in September 2012. He was also one of the founders of ‘PEP Inc.,’ a photography school in Mumbai in 2016.
- International Photography Awards 2015
- Sony Artisan of Imagery, India (2021)
- Zeiss Camera Lens Ambassador
- GQ 50 Most Influential Young Indians (2021)
- Apart from being a photographer, he has also been working as a writer and speaker. He has appeared as a guest speaker at various photography seminars and conferences.
- He is well versed in various languages such as Telugu, Hindi, English, and Bahasa Indonesian.
- According to his Facebook account, his favourite quotes are,
- “The world is a tragedy to those who feel, but a comedy to those who think.” – Horace Walpole
- “When you come to a fork in the road, take it.” – Yogi Berra
- “Specialization is for insects” – Heinlein
- “I photograph to find out what something will look like photographed.” – Garry Winogrand
- “Photography is 5% skill, 5% technique and 90% being there.” – Anonymous
- He is an avid animal lover and has a pet dog.
- In an interview, while talking about his achievements, he said,
I have been awarded 1st Place in the “People/Weddings” Category at the International Photo Awards, 2015 (NYC). I am also the Sony Alpha mentor for India and a Carl Zeiss camera lens ambassador. Apart from this, I’ve been twice nominated as one of the top ten most influential photographers in Asia by Asian Photography magazine.”