Dr. Chandan Agarwal is a renowned educationist, social worker, and entrepreneur.
He was born on Wednesday, 12th October 1984 (age 35 years; as in 2019), in Teghra, Bihar. His zodiac sign is Libra. He is a gold medalist in MBA from Narsee Monjee University, Mumbai and also holds a PhD degree from the International University of America in London. He is also into Hospitality and Real Estate industry.
Dr. Chandan Agarwal who is basically from Begusarai has a keen desire towards social work. Dr. Chandan devoted all his efforts in establishing G. D. Goenka Public School, Goenka Toddler House in Lucknow, and G. D. Goenka Montessori School in Kanpur. Besides aiming to provide education, Dr. Chandan believes in the overall holistic development of children under all aspects.
Dr. Chandan Agarwal, the chairperson of G. D. Goenka Public School, Kanpur, is also the Director of M. S. Dhoni Cricket Academy & Jwala Gutta Badminton Academy, institutions where budding sports enthusiasts are nurtured and trained. He is also the Director of Shankar Mahadevan Music Academy in Kanpur to provide one of the biggest music platforms to the students who want to pursue their career in it
Understanding the criticality of an unbiased education system, Dr. Chandan Agarwal who is the chairperson of G. D. Goenka Public School, Kanpur, is marching towards achieving a holistic and flawless education system.
La Petite Montessori in Kanpur and the G. D. Goenka Public School in Bareilly have been modelled on international standards with the best pedagogy and world-class facilities and are living examples of Dr. Chandan’s vision to transform the educational landscape of the country.
Sir Dr. Chandan Agarwal is a close associate of NGO’s like Navjyoti India Foundation, Saarthak Foundation, Board of Advisers of Wockhardt Foundation and Next Generation Charitable Trust. From socially beneficial campaigns to relief camps, the school run by Dr. Agarwal looks to garner young minds with teachings across all spheres.
Awards and Recognitions
- Remarkable Contribution in the Education Sector of Uttar Pradesh (2019) Award: Awarded by Shri Nitin Gadkari, Current Minister for Road Transport & Highways
- Change in the Education Sector, Development of Society (2018) Award: Awarded by Chief Minister Uttar Pradesh Shri Yogi Adityanath Ji, Deputy CM Uttar Pradesh, Keshav Prasad Maurya, and Deputy CM & Education Minister Uttar Pradesh, Shri Dinesh Sharma
- Top 10 School Award by Education World in 2015
- Entrepreneur of the year award 2016
- ‘Top North Indian Educationist’ by the Times of India and the Hindustan Times
- He has been conferred Knighthood by Knights of Peace and Humanities.
- Extraordinary Contribution in Society 2013: Presented by Shri B.L. Joshi (Ex. Governor of Uttar Pradesh)
- Serving the Society 2013: Presented by Shri Prakash Jaiswal (Ex. Home Minster, State Govt. of India)
- Education Excellence Award 2014: Presented by Shri Shashi Tharoor (Ex. Minister of HRD, Govt. of India)
- Emerging Entrepreneur of Uttar Pradesh 2015: Presented by Dr. Harsh Vardhan (Cabinet Minister, Govt. of India)
- ‘Making a mark in the Society’ 2017: Presented by Dr. Kiran Bedi (Lt. Governor Puducherry)
- Extraordinary Contribution 2017: Awarded by Ex. DGP Uttar Pradesh, Ex. Chief Secretary Uttar Pradesh & Ex. Chief Justice of India for Extraordinary Contribution/Work for the poor. Helping the Society, Free education to girls, Development centres in slum areas.
- Nominated as President of the Olympics Association, Uttar Pradesh
- Nominated as a member of the FCI, Government of India
- Appointed as President of the Olympics Association, Kanpur region, Uttar Pradesh
- Conferred with the title, His Highness from Royal House of Dubasari, Moscow.
Dr. Agarwal has a net worth of over 100 crores.