Surya Azad is an Indian cricketer and businessman. He is known for being the son of the former Indian cricket player and politician Kirti Azad.
He did his schooling at Modern School, New Delhi. Passionate about cricket since childhood, Surya Azad represented Delhi in cricket at various age-group levels, but he did not play first-class cricket. From 2004 to 2007, he pursued a Bachelor of Arts (Hons.) in History at St. Stephen’s College, Delhi (2004-2007). Thereafter, he enrolled himself at Symbiosis Institute of Business Management (SIBM), Pune, where he pursued a Master of Business Administration in Marketing (2010-2012). LinkedIn- Surya Azad During his college days, he actively participated in various extracurricular activities and also organized the event ‘TEDxSIBMPune: The Start of Fantastic Things’ in March 2012.
Height (approx.): 5’ 9”
Hair Colour: Black
Eye Colour: Black
Parents & Siblings
Surya Azad’s father, Kirti Azad, is a former Indian cricketer and a politician who played 7 Tests and 25 ODIs from 1980 to 1986 for the Indian Cricket team. Kirti Azad is a member of the Indian National Congress (INC). His mother, Poonam Jha Azad, is a former Aam Aadmi Party politician who became a member of the Indian National Congress (INC).
His brother’s name is Somya Vardhan Azad.
Wife & Children
Surya Azad is married to the YouTuber and social media influencer Shruti Azad.
In April 2011, he joined Colgate-Palmolive in Mumbai, where he worked as an intern for three months. In June 2012, he started working as a Management Associate at Givaudan, a Swiss multinational manufacturer of flavours, fragrances, and active cosmetic ingredients, in Mumbai. In July 2014, he was promoted to the position of Junior Key Account Manager for local & regional accounts of South Asia. He became Junior Key Account Manager for Unilever South Asia at Givaudan in October 2015. In July 2017, he moved to Singapore, where he became the Key Account Manager for Unilever South East Asia & Australia at Givaudan. In October 2019, he was promoted to the position of Accounts Director for the fabric care & household department. In October 2021, he became the country head of Fragrance & Beauty at Givaudan in Jakarta, Indonesia.
- Associated with (Cricket Club): Singapore Cricket Club (SCC)
- Team: P&G Warriors
- Batting Style: Right-handed batsman
- Bowling Style: Right-arm medium
In 2017, after relocating to Singapore, he became a member of the Singapore Cricket Club (SCC) and played for the team P&G Warriors. His applaudable performance led him to be honoured at the Cricket Section Award Night (2019) by SCC.
He became the social secretary of the SCC in 2021.
- He worked as an assistant project officer at the 2010 Commonwealth Games, held in New Delhi.
- In 2016, he started a travel and food blog named Wayfarers and Wasabi along with Shruti Azad.
- He is an active supporter of the preservation and expansion programme of the Galápagos Marine Reserve.
- In his Instagram bio, Surya Azad has mentioned that he is fond of drinking beer. He frequently posts pictures of different beers on his Instagram account. Instagram- Surya Azad
- Surya Azad is passionate about fitness and health. His Instagram account features various pictures of him working out in a gym.
- He has a tattoo inked on the upper left side of his back.