Vineet Gupta is a renowned Indian philanthropist, entrepreneur, and institution builder who is famous for building high-quality educational institutions like Ashoka University, Plaksha University, and Jamboree Education in India.
Vineet Gupta was born in Jind, Haryana (age 52 years; as of 2022). He completed his B.Tech in Mechanical Engineering from IIT Delhi. Entrepreneurship was always his true calling, and Vineet started a styrofoam business in 1992, immediately after his graduation, and later divested it in 2005. In 1995, he co-founded Jamboree Education with his wife, Akrita Kalra and scaled it into one of India’s premier test-prep institutes.
Height: 5’ 6”
Eye Colour: Black
Hair Colour: Black
Vineet Gupta belongs to a Hindu family.
Parents & Siblings
He was born to Jaidev Gupta and Rama Gupta. He has two brothers named Pranav Gupta and Sunny Gupta.
Wife & Children
He is married to Akrita Kalra. The couple has two daughters named Naima Kalra Gupta and Keya Kalra Gupta.
An IITian by education, Vineet Gupta has made quite a name for himself in the education sector. He has been instrumental in scaling up Jamboree Education and making it a premier institute synonymous with education abroad. He has co-founded Ashoka University which is India’s first Liberal Arts and Sciences University and also Plaksha University which aspires to re-imagine technology education for India and the world. His contribution to improving education and building world-class institutions has been widely acknowledged by the national media. He is also the co-chair of the Education Committee at ASSOCHAM.
- He likes to read, play golf, and travel to the mountains in his leisure time
- Vineet is a member of FICCI’s Education Committee.
- He is a charter member of TiE Delhi.
- He is the founding Pro-Vice Chancellor of Ashoka University and founding Chair of Board of Trustees at Plaksha University.
- Vineet has been awarded as the Educational Entrepreneur (Edupreneur of the Year) 2021-22 by APAC in their 2nd Global Education and Skill Conclave.
- Vineet Gupta’s first venture was a packaging firm which manufactured Styrofoam. After successfully scaling up the business and becoming one of the top players in the market, he later sold it off to focus on his educational endeavours.