Anupam Mittal is an Indian business person who is the founder and CEO of the People Group. He was one of the seven judges of the business reality show Shark Tank telecasted on Sony Entertainment in 2021.
Anupam Mittal was born on Thursday, 23 December 1971 (age 50 years; as of 2021) in Mumbai, Maharashtra, India. His zodiac sign is Sagittarius. He pursued Business and Commerce from Boston College, Massachusetts, the United States from 1994 to 1997. Anupam Mittal’s LinkedIn Account
Height (approx.): 5′ 7″
Hair Colour: Black
Eye Colour: Black
Parents & Siblings
His father’s name is Gopal Krishna Mittal, and his mother’s name is Bhagwati Devi Mittal. Anupam Mittal has two sisters.
Wife & Children
Anupam Mittal got married to Aanchal Kumar on 4 July 2013 in Rajasthan, India. Aanchal Kumar is a model.
The couple has a daughter.
Anupam Mittal started working at MicroStrategy, a business intelligence software firm in Washington D.C. as its product manager soon after finishing his college studies in 1998. He served in this position for four years. In 1997, Anupam Mittal started his own matchmaking website titled Sagaai.com. This online matrimonial website was later named Shaadi.com, which provides a great platform for online marriages in India where one could meet his/her potential life partners. Over 3 million matchmaking stories are registered on the Shaadi.com website. This website is regarded as India’s largest and Asia’s leading matrimonial website.
In 2003, Anupam Mittal invested as a producer in the Bollywood film Flavors. In 2005, Anupam Mittal founded the mauj.com website that provides mobile content such as video games, screen wallpapers, ringers, Indian matrimonial apps, roaming apps, and messaging apps on it.
An online real estate business was started by Anupam Mittal in 2007. This was named makaan.com which provides an online platform for the buyers and sellers of the properties to make commercial transactions online at budget prices.
The Internet & Mobile Association of India (IAMAI) was co-founded by Anupam Mittal in 2004 and served as its chairperson for some time. Later, Anupam Mittal invested one crore in OLA Cabs and became its partner for a 2% share. In 2018, he founded H2 India and served as its co-chairman. In 2009, he invested as a producer in the Bollywood movie 99. Anupam Mittal is a member of the board of the LetsVenture Online and Zepo and serves as an advisor of the ShaadiSaga website for planning Indian weddings online, Grip Video game, and Kae Capital, a company that acquires capital for further growth. Anupam Mittal appeared on a business reality show titled Shark Tank as one of the seven judges of the show.
The other judges of the show were Vineeta Singh, Peyush Bansal, Namita Thapar, Ashneer Grover, Ghazal Alagh, and Aman Gupta. These judges of the Shark Tank reality show were called the Sharks.
- Anupam Mittal follows a non-vegetarian diet.
- In 2021, during the Shark tank business reality show, the judges of the show selected the budding business persons to invest financially and intellectually in their small business so that they could grow higher in their respective ventures.
- The luxurious brands and commercials are often advertised by Anupam Mittal on social media.
- Anupam Mittal regularly practises boxing as his favourite pass time activity.
- According to Anupam Mittal, in 2007 he invested as an angel investor in Interactive Avenues and left the company after becoming its largest shareholder after a year. In an interview with a media house, Anupam was asked that how he started investing in startups at the beginning of his career. he then replied,
I started angel investing when I did not know it was called angel investing, back in 2007. I invested in a company called Interactive Avenues. All I knew was that the team was bright. I sat with them at the airport, negotiated the terms and gave out the cheque. When Interactive Avenues sold off about a year back, I was the single largest shareholder in the company. It was the first exit for me as well. Right after that there were smaller exits as well with start-ups such as LittleEyelabs and an online business events company.”
- Anupam was listed among the top 25 people who were mostly searched on the internet by the Week magazine. He was listed among India’s 50 Most Powerful People by Business Week. He was listed among the top 100 Icons India’s Digital Ecosystem by IMPACT Digital Power in 2012 and 2013. He was listed in the top 100 NRI’s of North America. Later, he was awarded the Entrepreneur of Year by IT People. He was also honoured with the Karamveer Puraskar. Yo Success
- Anupam Mittal has over 42k followers on Instagram. He remains very active on social media sites like Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter.
- Anupam Mittal is a compassionate animal lover. He often posts pictures of his pet dog on his social media.