Riddhima Kapoor Sahni was born on Monday, 15 September 1980 (age 39 years; as in 2019) in Mumbai. Her zodiac sign is Virgo.
She did her Bachelors in Designing and Marketing from the American Intercontinental University in London.
Height (approx.): 5’ 4”
Eye Colour: Dark Brown
Hair Colour: Black (dyed Blonde)
Family & Caste
She is a member of the famous Kapoor family of Bollywood. She belongs to a Punjabi Khatri family. Wikipedia
Parents & Siblings
She is the granddaughter of the veteran actors, Raj Kapoor, Shammi Kapoor, and Shashi Kapoor; grandniece of Randhir Kapoor, Ritu Nanda, Rajiv Kapoor, and Rima Jain. She is the cousin of the famous Bollywood stars Karisma Kapoor, Kareena Kapoor, Aadar Jain, and Armaan Jain.
Husband & Children
She is the wife of the Indian businessman Bharat Sahni. The couple dated each other for five years before getting married on Wednesday, 25 January 2006.
The duo has a daughter named Samara Sahni.
She started her career by modelling for Notandas (a jewellery brand) with her mother, Neetu Singh, and has walked the ramp for fashion designers like Suneet Varma and Manav Gangwani.
While she was modelling for Notandas, she was mesmerised by their designs. After her contract with Notandas got over, she started designing her own jewellery. Many loved her designs, and she decided to launch her own jewellery brand. In 2016, she launched her jewellery brand ‘R Jewellery’ with her best friend, Anuj Kapoor of Punjab Jewellers.
Her first jewellery designs were ‘Evil Eye’ themed bracelets.
In September 2016, she designed the earrings for Goldie Hawn, a popular American actress.
In June 2018, she launched her clothing brand called “Sam & Friends,” which is named after her daughter, Samara.
Awards & Achievements
- FICCI FLO Delhi Award in 2018
- Delhiites Lifestyle Award for Jewellery Designer of the Year in 2018
- Femina Power List Award (North) in 2017
In November 2018, she was accused of plagiarizing the jewellery design of the famous entrepreneur and designer Mikimoto Kōkichi. Later, through her Instagram post, she apologised for not crediting the original designer of the jewellery while advertising.
- Cuisine: Indian
- Singer: Justin Bieber
- Gemstone: Ruby, Diamond
- Watch Brand: Rolex
- Travel Destination: New York
- She likes travelling, singing, sketching, and reading.
- She likes to collect watches and wear watches wherever she goes.
- She likes doing Yoga and often posts photos of her doing Yoga on her social media accounts.
- Her family members and close friends call her ‘Riddhi’ with love.
- Riddhima and Kareena were born in the same month and year during the time of Ganesh Chaturthi. When they both were born, her grandfather, Raj Kapoor said that her ‘Riddhi and Siddhi’ were born. That’s how she came to be known as ‘Riddhima.’
- According to her, she was tomboyish during her childhood days. She used to play cricket and do wrestling matches with Ranbir.
- When she was in London, she changed her name’s spelling to ‘Ridima;’ as her friends there used to pronounciate her name that way. When she returned to India after her graduation, she changed the spelling of her name back to ‘Riddhima.’
- After her graduation completed, she got many acting offers in Bollywood, but she chose not to become an actress.
- In October 2013, she launched the Godrej Nature’s Basket flagship store in Mumbai.
- In 2017, she was named as one of the top 25 entrepreneurs in New Delhi.
- She is a fan of Justin Bieber. She even designed a bracelet for Justin when he came to India for his Purpose Tour.
- She writes articles as a guest columnist for many publications, including The Free Press Journal and Delhiites Magazine.
References [ + ]