Bhairavi Raichura is an Indian television actress and producer. She is best known for playing the role of ‘Kajal Bhai’ in the Zee TV’s popular serial, ‘Hum Paanch’ (1995).
Bhairavi Raichura was born on Saturday, 19 April 1979 (age 41 years; as in 2019), in Ahmedabad, Gujarat. Telly Chakkar Her zodiac sign is Aries. On the academic front, Bhairavi is a graduate. kanTelly Chakkar
Height (approx.): 5′ 5″
Eye Colour: Black
Hair Colour: Black
Family, Caste & Husband
Her younger sister, Jigna is the finance manager at ’24 Frames Media.’ Bhairavi is not married yet. In an interview, she said that she had been in a relationship with someone from the entertainment industry, but later, they broke up.
She started her career as an actress at the age of 16 in the Zee TV’s popular serial, ‘Hum Paanch’ (1995).
Later, she appeared in many popular TV serials, like ‘Ek Raja Ek Rani’ (1996), ‘Yes Boss’ (1999), ‘Astitva…Ek Prem Kahani’ (2002), ‘Balika Vadhu’ (2008), and ‘Sasural Genda Phool’ (2010).
In 2012, she started her own production company, ’24 Frames Media’ along with her director friend, Nandita Mehra. Some of the serials made under her production company are ‘Chhal- Sheh Aur Maat’ (2012), ‘Laut Aao Trisha’ (2014), and ‘Satrangi Sasural’ (2014).
Thakur Village, Kandivali, Mumbai
- In an interview, she shared her first meeting with the famous director and producer, Ekta Kapoor, she said,
I remember when I first met Ekta Kapoor and Kapil Ji (director), I was all of 16 and had gone to meet them in a pretty frock. There was no audition, nothing, they just called me and told me that I am doing this role. Later, I got to know that they had this character in mind, about a girl who is petite but who behaves like a Bhai. Her attitude makes her a Bhai and not her personality. I don’t know what made them cast me but when I started, I did not know how to do it.”
- She shared in an interview that her character, ‘Kajal Bhai,’ in the TV serial, ‘Hum Paanch’ (1995), gained immense popularity within a short span of time, she further said,
Once, we were shooting outside the bungalow and there were 2-3 trucks that passed by and they actually stopped and saluted me saying ‘Kajal Bhai’ and it was unbelievable. It was a little overwhelming and embarrassing as well, to be honest. For a 16-17-year-old, it was a little embarrassing.”
- In 2010, she won India Ne Bana Di Jodi Awards (Best Jethani-Devrani) along with Pooja Kanwal Mahtani for the TV serial, ‘Sasural Genda Phool.’
- In 2011, she won Indian Television Academy Award (Best supporting actress) for ‘Sasural Genda Phool.’
- In an interview, when she was asked how she had decided to pursue her career as an actor, she said,
Honestly, I never wanted to become an actor. But when I was in school I did a few children’s plays because my mother wanted me to open up as I was a shy kid. The director of the play later wanted me to do a Gujarati act; I took it up as I had summer vacations. The skit was directed by Homi Vadi, who later went on to direct Mano Ya Na Mano for Ekta (Kapoor) where I did an episodic.
- She loves fishes and has a few fishes as a pet.
- She loves travelling and hanging out with friends.
References [ + ]