Sejal Kumar is an Indian actress, fashion blogger, and YouTuber. She is known for featuring in the web series “Engineering Girls.”
Sejal Kumar was born on Sunday, 1 January 1995 (age 25 years; as in 2020) in New Delhi. Her zodiac sign is Capricorn.
She did her schooling from New Delhi’s The Mother’s International School and went to Shri Ram College of Commerce to pursue her graduation in Economics. She was good at studies since childhood. Sejal was a basketball player in high school. She was also good at dance in her college days and remained a professional dancer with “Danceworx” for 2 years. During her college days, she participated in various extracurricular activities, including street plays. She was always interested in performing arts and gave several acting auditions but failed. When Sejal was 20 years old, she came across 18-year-old Bethany Mota’s fashion lifestyle videos and got impressed by it. While she was in the final year of college, she too started creating YouTube videos, editing them, and uploading them on her channel. However, at that time, she was not sure about being a full-time YouTuber. Slowly, her content started attracting audience and at that time, Kumar chose to become a full-time YouTuber and decided to forgo her college placements.
Height (approx.): 5′ 7″
Hair Colour: Black
Eye Colour: Dark Brown
Family & Caste
Sejal Kumar belongs to a Hindu Family.
Parents & Siblings
Her father, Anil Kumar is a retired Indian Army Major. Her mother, Anjali Kumar is a doctor and the director of Gynaecology Dept. at Artemis Hospital, Gurgaon. She has a brother, Rohan Kumar (student).
Sejal is in a relationship with Mohak Popla.
Sejal Kumar started her career as a YouTuber. She uploaded her first video “summer style turkey” while she was on her internship trip to Turkey. The video received a good response and further motivated her to create such videos. Her videos are mainly focused on skits, fashion, dance, lifestyle, and music. Subsequenly she featured in Airtel’s advertisement.
Sejal has appeared in an episode of the web series “Sofa So Good.”
She has also featured in the short film “Azab Bilal Ki Gajab Kahani.”
In 2017, Kumar vlogged her Europe tour and uploaded it in her “Indian girl backpacking in Europe” series. Next, she featured in the web series “Engineering Girls,” “FilterCopy Talkies,” and “Toxic.”
In the same year, she collaborated with StalkBuyLove to launch her own clothing collection. She has also launched her Original track “Aisi Hun.”
- Best Vlog Award by the Cosmopolitan India Blogger Awards (2018)
- Fashion Account of the Year Award by Instagram (2018)
- Best Lifestyle Blogger in Cosmopolitan India Blogger Awards (2019)
- Best Youth Influencer Award by Women of Steel Summit and Awards (2019)
- Exhibit Magazine Award of Top 5000 Influencers (2019)
- Instagrammer of the Year for Fashion (2019)
- Cuisines: Mexican, Chinese
- Juice: Tomato Juice
- Personalities: Ellen Degeneres, Michelle Phan
- Actresses: Lara Dutta, Alia Bhatt
- Films: Dil Chahta Hai (2001), Zindagi Na Milegi Dobara (2011), Rang De Basnti (2006)
- Book: Harry Potter Series
- Musician: Justin Bieber
- TV Show(s): One Tree Hill, Gossip Girl
- YouTubers: SabsBeauty, Sherry, Bethany Mota, Sierra Furtado, Zoella, LaurDIY, Brad & Hailey Devine, Desi Perkins
- Colours: Pink, Black
- Sports: Hiking, Basketball
- Perfume: DKNY Pure
- Fashion Icons: Gigi Hadid, Kendell Jenner
- Destination: Santorini
- Restaurants: Burma Burma in Gurgaon
- Her hobbies include dancing, singing, and playing ukulele.
- During her college days, Sejal won the ‘Miss Crossroads’ contest.
- She wanted to become an actress and did theatre for a while. Sejal also gave many auditions to become an actress but always got rejected.
- In 2016, she got selected for the Campus Princess pageant (sub pageant of Miss Diva) and won the titles “Miss Multimedia” and “Miss Rampwalk” in the contest.
- She is an avid dog lover and keeps posting her pictures with dogs on her Instagram account.
- Sejal has featured on the cover of the Glittering India Magazine.
- Sejal’s friends consider her a weirdly healthy person as she has a habit of eating only homemade food. Kumar doesn’t like eating fast food, popcorn, or fizzy drinks.
- Sejal prefers sleeping early at night and cannot stay up past 10 pm.
- As a child, she was extremely introvert. She hardly talked with any of her relatives and used to follow her mother everywhere.
- Sejal is very active on social media. She has more than 140K subscribers on YouTube, 102K followers on Instagram, and 13K likes on her Facebook page.
- In March 2017, Sejal was officially invited for the YouTube FanFest show. It is an event organised by YouTube to celebrate and promote YouTube’s biggest stars around the world.
- In 2019, Sejal was a part of UNICEF’s initiative for convention rights of the child.
- In 2020, she was chosen as the Indian ambassador for YouTube’s Creators For Change, a project centered around girls’ education in partnership with the Obama Foundation.
- During an interview, when Sejal was asked about the challenges of being a vlogger, she said, “You are your own boss; you are responsible for getting the content out.”
- Sejal has created more than 600 distinct videos until 2020.
- Her friends and family fondly call her Joy, Mani, Bhondee, and Bittoo.
- She has got a tattoo inked on her left wrist.