Armaan Jain is an Indian actor and is a member of the famous Kapoor family of Bollywood.
Armaan Jain was born on Saturday, 23 June 1990 (age 29 years; as in 2019) in Mumbai. His zodiac sign is Cancer.
He went to Regent’s University London to attain his bachelor’s degree in Business Management but left his studies after one-and-a-half-year; realizing that he was wasting his time and his father’s money.
Height (approx): 5′ 11″
Weight (approx): 70 kg
Body Measurement (approx): Chest 38″, Waist 30″, Biceps 14″
Eye Colour: Dark Brown
Hair Colour: Black
Family, Caste & Girlfriend
He belongs to the Jain Community and is a member of the Kapoor Family. His father, Manoj Jain is an investment banker, and his mother, Reema Kapoor is a homemaker.
He has a younger brother named Aadar Jain.
His maternal grandfather, Raj Kapoor was a famous actor and filmmaker. His maternal grandmother’s name is Krishna Kapoor.
The famous actors of Bollywood, Shashi Kapoor and Shammi Kapoor are also his maternal grandfathers (brothers of Raj Kapoor).
Rishi Kapoor, Randhir Kapoor, and Rajiv Kapoor are his maternal uncles.
Armaan Jain and Anissa Malhotra, a fashion blogger and marketing consultant, had been in a relationship for a long time.
On 30 July 2019, he got engaged to Anissa.
He started his career as an assistant director in the films like “My Name Is Khan (2010),” “Ek Main Aur Ekk Tu (2012),” and “Student of the Year (2012).” He made his acting debut with the film “Lekar Hum Deewana Dil (2014)” directed by Arif Ali, Imtiaz Ali‘s brother.
- Food: Suji Halwa, Jungli Mutton, Paya
- Actor(s): Hrithik Roshan, Heath Ledger, Marlon Brando
- Cricketer: Mahendra Singh Dhoni
- Book: “Strange Case of Dr Jekyll and Mr Hyde” by Robert Louis Stevenson
- Cartoon Character(s): The Powerpuff Girls, Popeye
- Sports: Cricket, Football
- Film(s): Mera Naam Joker (1970), Kuch Kuch Hota Hai (1998), The Dark Knight (2008), The Godfather (1972)
- He likes reading and playing video games.
- His ancestors belong to Bijnor in Uttar Pradesh and have farms and a big ‘mango orchard’ there.
- In his childhood, Armaan was more interested in sports. He either spent his time playing cricket at Azad Maidan, Mumbai or watching football.
- He was naughty in his childhood as he would often throw ashtrays out of his windows and because of that, his mother used to lock him in the bathroom. Once, he broke his classroom fan while playing football. In another such incident, he even applied adhesive to his teacher’s chair and his teacher got stuck to it. After an hour, when his teacher tried hard to get up, his pants ripped apart.
- Armaan wanted to be an actor since his childhood and used to perform in school plays. He grew up watching his grandfather, Raj Kapoor’s movies.
- As a child, he used to watch his grandfather’s film “Mera Naam Joker (1970),” which made him think that his grandfather was a joker.
- Before starting his career, Armaan weighed around 95 kg. For his acting career, he worked hard and reduced his weight to 70 kg.
- Director Abhishek Varman had recommended his name to Arif Ali for the film “Lekar Hum Deewana Dil (2014).” Arif then contacted Ranbir Kapoor and told him that he wanted to cast Armaan in his film. To this, Ranbir replied,
Are you sure you are talking about Armaan? He’s a kid!”
- He gave auditions for the film “Lekar Hum Deewana Dil (2014)” without telling his family. He informed them after he was selected for the film.
- When he returned to his home from London; after deciding to leave his studies to make his career in acting. To this, his mother was shocked; because they had never discussed Armaan to make his career in acting. His mother advised him to get back to his studies; as he had never learned acting. A few months later, his mother called him up and told that Karan Johar was willing to take his interview. Describing the incident, he says-
I went to him – it was like joining a company for internship. I’m a practical learner and pick up faster that way.”
- His family is related to Bachchan Family as his cousin Nikhil Nanda (son of Ritu Kapoor, who is the daughter of Raj Kapoor) is married to Shweta Bachchan Nanda, daughter of Amitabh Bachchan and Jaya Bachchan.
- In 2015, he participated in Corporate Cricket Bash Season 2.