Tara Sutaria is an Indian actor, dancer and singer. A Maharashtrian by birth, this girl became a household name, owing to her role in The Suite Life of Karan & Kabir (2012). Sutaria made her Bollywood debut with Karan Johar’s Student of the Year 2 (2019). Let’s have a look at Tara Sutaria’s life history and know some interesting facts about her.
The actress was born on 19 November 1995 (aged 23; as in 2018) in Mumbai, Maharashtra, India. She is trained dancer and has received training in dance forms of classical ballet, modern dance and Latin American dances from The School Of Classical Ballet & Western Dance, Royal Academy of Dance, UK, and Imperial Society of Teachers of Dancing, UK. Tara even bagged a full scholarship from the Royal Academy of Dance in London.
Apart from being a dancer, she is also a singer. She started singing at the age of 7. Tara has sung in many national and international operas and competitions.
The brown-eyed beauty is around 5’ 5” tall and weighs around 55 kg. She has black hairs.
Family & Boyfriend
A native of Mumbai, Tara is the daughter of Himanshu and Tina Sutaria. She has a twin sister, Pia Sutaria.
Tara is rumoured to be dating actor, Rohan Vinod Mehra; who made his Bollywood debut with the movie “Bazaar.”
Tara did her schooling from Bai Avabai Framji Petit Girls’ High School, Mumbai. She obtained her graduate degree from St. Andrew’s College of Arts, Science and Commerce, Mumbai.
Being a singer, she has recorded and performed at various concerts in Tokyo, London, Lavasa, and Mumbai. She has even shared the stage with the famous Nepalese singer, Louis Banks and New Zealand performer, Mikey McCleary.
Tara was first seen on the Television, in 2009 when she was 13, in the Indian Reality Show, Entertainment Ke Liye Kuch Bhi Karega; where she performed an opera and received a standing ovation.
Then, in 2010, Tara hosted Disney India’s show Big Bada Boom. She has also lent her voice for the films like Taare Zameen Par (2007) and Guzaarish (2010). She made her TV debut with the show The Suite Life of Karan & Kabir (2012). Tara Sutaria made her Bollywood debut with Karan Johar’s Student of the Year 2 (2019).
- Tara is a die-hard fan of Sachin Tendulkar and Virat Kohli.
- Her all-time favourite movie is Ajab Prem Ki Ghazab Kahani (2009).
- Tara loves watching reality shows. She spends a lot of time watching Bigg Boss, and MTV Splitsvilla.
- She also likes to read and Ravinder Singh is her favourite author.
- She listens to the singers Taylor Swift, Yo Yo Honey Singh, Barbra Streisand, Whitney Houston.
- Tara Sutaria consumes alcohol occasionally.
- Tara is often appraised as the Indian Miley Cyrus.
- Her hobbies are singing, dancing, travelling, and sketching.
- Tara likes the colour Red.
- ‘I Will Always Love You’ by Whitney Houston is her all-time favourite song.
- She is a pet lover.
- She has also endorsed various brands like Jet Gems and Swarovski.
- Tara is also a skilled sketch artist. She presented her artwork to Farah Khan and Anu Malik during the show ‘Entertainment Ke Liye Kuch Bhi Karega.’
- She has also been a solo singer for the ‘Stop-Gaps Choral Ensemble’ of the Stop-Gaps Cultural Academy.
- She has been singing at the NCPA for more than 10 years.
- In the year 2015, Tara was invited to be a part of TEDx in Mumbai, where she gave a performance on The Phantom of the Opera’s Think of Me and American singer Whitney Houston’s I Will Always Love You.
- Tara has featured in various Tv commercials like Hamdard Safi.