Girish Wagh is the head of the Commercial Vehicle Business Unit for Tata Motors. Earlier, he worked as the Sr. Vice President for Tata Small and Passenger Car Segment and as the head of project planning and program management for Tata Motors. He had an active role in the Tata Nano project.
Girish Wagh was born on 2 December 1971 (Thursday) (age 48 years; as in 2019) in Pune, Maharashtra. His zodiac sign is Sagittarius. Girish grew up in Pune and completed his Mechanical Engineering from Maharashtra Institute of Technology in Pune. Further, he completed his Post Graduation in a Manufacturing program from SP Jain Institute of Management and Research.
Eye Colour: Black
Hair Colour: Black
Family and Caste
Girish Wagh was born in a middle-class family in Pune, Maharashtra.
After completing post-graduation, Girish Wagh joined Tata Motors in 1993 at the age of 23 years. Soon, he became a part of the development team for Tata Indica. After the completion of the project and good sales of Tata Indica, Ravi Kant, who was the MD of Tata Motors picked him to work on the designing and production of a small commercial vehicle. After intense brainstorming and hard work, the final product was Tata Ace, which sold like hot cakes in the Indian commercial vehicle market. Once the project was over, Ratan Tata and Ravi Kant decided to give Girish Wagh a team of 500 people and asked him to make a car within Rs. 1 lakh that also meets all the regulatory requirements. The project took three years and in 2008, Tata Nano was the final product. Girish proved his worth in the company by constantly delivering well-made projects, and soon, he was appointed as the Head of Commercial Vehicle Business Unit.
- Girish Wagh’s wife’s name is Deepali and he has 2 children. However, he lives a very reserved life and maintains a good difference between his work life and personal life. Automotive News Europe
- Girish Wagh is known for his impressive skills and delivering projects with tight timelines has helped him stand out of the crowd within the company. In the year 2019, Girish Wagh led the project of Tata Motors, which introduced new policies where for any commercial vehicle sold to the driver, the person will get accidental insurance worth Rs. 10 lakhs. Zee Business
- Despite the skills and ability to timely deliver the projects, Girish Wagh is known to be a demanding and aggressive team leader. It is necessary for a leader to maintain discipline when working with a team but being demanding can sometimes be unsettling for the other people of the team.
- After his success with passenger vehicles, Girish Wagh was appointed as the Head of commercial business for Tata Motors. He worked with the former executive director, Mr. Ravindra Pisharody to understand the working of the department.
Mr. Girish Wagh, President, Tata Motors Commercial Vehicles, unveiled the new Tata Motors Prima and Winger at Auto Expo 2020. He showcased the new innovations, talked about BSVI and the future of India’s mobility solutions. Visit us at the Tata Motors Pavilion, Hall no 14, Stall No N6 #TataCVatAutoExpo2020 #AutoExpo2020 For more details: http://bit.ly/3815rqo
Tata Motors ಅವರಿಂದ ಈ ದಿನದಂದು ಪೋಸ್ಟ್ ಮಾಡಲಾಗಿದೆ ಬುಧವಾರ, ಫೆಬ್ರವರಿ 5, 2020
- When they were working on Tata Nano, Girish and his team used M-800 as the concept and worked out all the details of the car on their own as they were just given a final budget for the car i.e., to manufacture a car with a price tag of just over Rs. 1 lakh.
- In his leisure time, Girish likes to read, exercise, and spend time with his family.