Anita Kotwani is an Indian media professional. She became the media head for the marketing and advertising agency Dentsu India in March 2023. She has worked for various media companies like Lintas Media Group, Mindshare India, and Carat India.
Anita Kotwani was born on 11 January in Mumbai, India. Her zodiac sign is Capricorn. From 1988 to 1991, she attended Government Law College, Mumbai, where she pursued a Bachelor of Legislative Law (LLB). LinkedIn – Anita Kotwani She also holds a B.Com (Hons) degree. YourStory She actively played tennis during her college days.
Height (approx.): 5′ 4″
Hair Colour: Dark Brown
Eye Colour: Black
Parents & Siblings
Anita was born into a middle-class family in Mumbai. Her father’s name is Jhamatmal Kotwani. She is the youngest among her siblings. Her sister Bela Kotwani is an enterprenuer. She is the Co-Founder of The ABCD Show, CEO at Angel Bear Yoga, CEO & Principal at Cosmikids International, and Co-founder of Puppet Maestros. Her brother Rakesh Kotwani holds directorships in the private limited companies Sja Properties, Diagnostix Computer Clinic, and Kidsology Educare.
Her marital status is unknown.
She started her career when she joined Stratagem Media in Mumbai. In October 1999, she started working as a Senior Media Planner for the Dainik Bhaskar Group. At Dainik Bhaskar Group, she played a key role in introducing their products in the Chandigarh and Haryana markets, following the successful Day 1 subscription model used in Gujarat and Rajasthan. Her primary responsibilities included providing sales strategy assistance, conducting data analysis, and training the sales team to meet the management’s targets. In Oct 2000, she joined Lintas Media Group (then known as Initiative Media) and worked there as a Director till October 2004. Anita was brought onboard at Lintas Media Group to manage the Levers business, which involved overseeing the hair oil and oral care category for prominent brands like Nihar hair oil and Aim toothpaste. Later, she took charge of new business development at SSC&B Lintas. In June 2004, she joined the media company Mindshare, where she focused on enhancing client relationships as Leader of Client Leadership Mindshare West; she worked there till Match 2018. She led Mindshare to win the Campaign India- South Asia Engagement / Strategy Planner of the Year 2015. She was also a part of the Mindshare team that won the Media Agency of the Year Award at the Dainik Bhaskar Awards 2016.
After successfully leading the West zone for 13 years, she became Senior Vice President New Business at
From June 2020 to March 2023, she worked as the Chief Executive Officer at Carat India – Media & Marketing Agency. In March 2023, she became the CEO of Media South Asia at the Public relations company Dentsu, replacing Divya Karani who moved on from the company after a stint of over 10 years. In her role, Kotwani will lead all its media businesses across South Asia including Carat, iProspect, Dentsu X, Posterscope, and its media investment arm Amplifi.
Awards, Honours, Achievements
- Anita won the L’Oréal Paris Super Achiever – Wonder Woman Award 2023.
- Anita won the South Asia Agency Head of the Year title at Campaign Asia 2022.
- She was ranked #25 on the list of ‘Impact Top 50 Influential Women’ of 2022, in media, marketing, and advertising.
- She was ranked #47 on the list of ‘Impact Top 50 Influential Women’ in 2019.
- In 2018, she won an award in the category of ‘Women To Watch Out For.’
- Anita has served as an esteemed judge and jury for various new-age media awards. She has been a Jury Chair / Jury for various industry awards like EMVIEs, Goafest, Kyoorius Awards, and Goa Fest’s Media ABBY Awards. Anita was the jury chair for Goa Fest’s Media ABBY Awards two consecutive years.
- She loves to watch films, do shopping, and gamble in casinos during her leisure time. She is fond of cricket.
- Her favourite food is popcorn, vada pav, and poha.