Rana Kapoor is an Indian entrepreneur who has successfully made the $450 million acquisition of Tata Tetley and UKby Tata Tea deal.
Rana Kapoor was born on Monday, 9 September 1957 (age 63 years; as of 2021) in New Delhi, and his hometown is in Mumbai. His zodiac sign is Virgo. Rana Kapoor did his schooling at Frank Anthony Public School, New Delhi. He attended Shriram College of Commerce, New Delhi, and later, he pursued MBA from Rutgers University, USA.
Height: 5’ 10”
Height: 82 kg
Eye Colour: Brown
Hair Colour: Black/Grey
Family & Caste
Rana Kapoor was born in a Hindu family.
Relationships, Wife & Children
He is married to Bindu Rana Kapoor, and the couple has three daughters, Radha, Raakhe, and Roshini.
In the ’80s, he lived as a paying guest in Mumbai, it was the time when he was not a well-established entrepreneur. With his hard work and great efforts, he became a renowned Indian businessman. Under his leadership, he led the Tata Tetley and UKby Tata Tea deal which is one of the biggest cross-border acquisitions made by an Indian firm in the history of the Indian corporate world. From July 2013 to November 2015, he was appointed as the Assocham President which is the longest term of any Assocham President. He was honoured with the President’s Medal from Rutgers University. Rana Kapoor has also received PhD from GB Pant University of Agriculture & Technology. He loves doing artwork and playing golf and has won many golf tournaments for the longest drive.
Awards, Honours,& Achievements
- Entrepreneurial Banker of the Decade (2001-2010) by Bombay Management Association
- World Trade Centre award of Honour (2014)
- Best CEO-BFSI Hall of Fame:2014 IMM-JJ Awards for Excellence
- Received the SKOCH Award for significant contributions to Public Policies for Infrastructure Growth and National Development (2015)
- Felicitated for Exemplary Contribution to Entrepreneurship & Innovation by the LBS India Business Forum (2016)
$377 million as of 2020
- Food: Matar Paneer, Chinese
- Travel Destination: New York