Rohini Iyer is a Bollywood publicist, journalist, and entrepreneur. In one of her social media posts, she referred to Late Sushant Singh Rajput as her best friend.
Height (approx.): 5′ 4″
Eye Colour: Brown
Hair Colour: Brown
Family, Caste & Husband
She was born in a Hindu family, and she was brought up by her mother, Geetha Iyer, who is the co-diretor of Raindrop Media. She is the only child of her parents. Iyer is not married, and she does not have any children.
Rohini started her career as a journalist at the age of 16 with the film magazine “G.” Later, she started working as a celebrity publicist. On 19 March 2004, she founded her own publicity and marketing company, ‘Raindrop Media.’ Some of her well-known Bollywood clients include Kareena Kapoor, Vidya Balan, Bipasha Basu, John Abraham, Shahid Kapoor, and Ekta Kapoor.
Office: 19 A, Khar – Danda Rd, Khar, Ram Krishna Nagar, Khar West, Mumbai, Maharashtra 400052
- Politician: Smriti Irani
- Musician: Miles Davis
- In an interview, she talked about her struggling days, she said,
My life is full of drama, tackling the next big crisis, crunching in 48 hours of work into my 24 hour day. I call it living the dream and hope I never wake up. Honestly, challenges have never disturbed me. To the contrary, they give me an unequalled adrenaline rush. Simply put, if my clients were not tough and challenging, I would not be working with them!”
- She has received “Most Influential Woman Entrepreneur.” Some of her other awards are ‘Brand Vision Award ‘Brand Vision Award’ (2018-2020),’ ‘CNN NEWS 18 Real Estate Business Excellence Awards,’ and ‘Business Today’s Most Powerful Women Award.’
- She is often spotted drinking alcohol in parties and various events.
- Her hobbies include playing the guitar and reading books.
- In 2017, she was featured in Sudha Menon’s book “Devi, Diva and She-Devil.”
- She is long time friends with the famous Bollywood director Farah Khan. In an interview, she said,
When I started as a film journalist, I was not so much into journalism as I was into the people I watched on the screen and met in person. I used to spend a lot of time on the sets of Main Hoon Na, hanging out with the filmmakers and the stars, and began to understand their point of view as well.”
- For some time, she also worked as the PR of the popular Bollywood actress Kangana Ranaut. Her association with Kangana did not last long, and Kangana’s team said that they would take legal action against Iyer’s team for allegedly planting negative reports about her in media.
- She appeared in the wellness series “Wellness Tourism: A Global Perspective” in 2020.
- Rohini is a die-hard fan of the Hollywood actor Joseph Morgan.
- Reportedly, her company planted Rhea Chakraborty in the life of Late Sushant Singh Rajput, and Iyer was questioned by the CBI during the investigation process of Late Sushant Singh Rajput’s death in 2020.
- Rohini has uploaded various photos on her social media account in which she talked about Late Sushant Singh Rajput. In one of her posts, she wrote,
This has to be said. My best friend is no more, I still have a bloody hard time accepting that and whenever I check social media to check up on news on him, I read fiction and instead of finding people online, I see peddlers. Peddlers pushing their agendas to promote themselves and their causes. Every single person who wants their two-bit fame has an opinion on his life.”
- In an interview, Rhea Chakraborty blamed Rohini for Sushant’s deteriorating mental health, she said,
Sanjana Sanghi and Rohini Iyer troubled him a lot. Rohini had introduced us but later she stopped talking to us. Sanjana and Rohini, Sushant thought, were part of a big nexus. It was odd that if I am doing a film, a big film, why would you take so much time to clarify the #MeToo allegations? I want this to be investigated. Why will I keep quiet for one-and-a-half months? Wherever she [Sanjana Sanghi] was, be it America or anywhere on Earth, she would have had Google. Every budding actor checks news about them. So, did she not know about such a big piece of news?”