Rachana Shah Jain Facebook- Rachana Jain is an Indian dentist. She is known for being the wife of Harsh Jain, the co-founder and Culture Enforcement Officer (CEO) of the Indian fantasy sports platform Dream11.
Rachana Jain was born in 1988 (age 33 years; as of 2021) in Mumbai. Rachana earned a Bachelor in Dental Surgery (BDS) from Dr. DY Patil Institute of Technology, Pune. Thereafter, she moved to New York and received a post-graduate degree in dental science, specializing in Prosthodontics, Esthetics, and Implants, from the NYU College of Dentistry, New York. Raksha Foundation She excelled in academics in her school and college days.
Height (approx.): 5′ 6″
Hair Colour: Brown
Eye Colour: Dark Brown
Parents & Siblings
Not much is known about her parents and siblings.
Husband & Children
Rachana tied the knot with Harsh Jain, an entrepreneur, in 2013.
The couple has a son named Krish.
Rachana started her career as a dentist at Marotta Dental Studio in East Farmingdale, New York. She worked there for a while and returned to India. In 2014, she founded Tootcraft, a multi-specialty dental clinic in Mumbai. Rachana is a lead dentist at Tootcraft and heads a team of certified doctors. At Tootcraft, she also provides free or extremely subsidised medical help to those who cannot afford to spend much on their treatments.
In September 2020, she co-founded the Raksha Foundation, an NGO aimed to educate underprivileged children and promote animal welfare.
In November 2021, Rachana bought a luxury duplex apartment at 33 South on Pedder Road, Mumbai. The apartment is on the 29th and 30th floors and is spread around an area of 3,400 sq. ft. It also has an additional area of 3,925 sq. ft., taking the apartment size to 7,325 sq. ft. She bought the apartment for Rs. 72 crores (nearly Rs 1 lakh per sq. ft.) from Sameer Bhojwani. She has also purchased seven car parking slots within the price. The Economic Times
- Food: Pizza
- Sport: Cricket
- Book: A Nation of Idiots by Karl E. Thelen
- IPL Team: Mumbai Indians
- TV Show(s): Grey’s Anatomy (2005), Friends (1994)
- Film(s): Serendipity (2001), Shall We Dance (2004)
- Restaurant: Hideout Cafe and Bar in Mumbai
- She loves painting, cooking, reading, and doing adventure sports in her leisure time.
- Rachana also loves doing art and craftwork when she is free.
- Rachana is fond of dogs and has 2 beagles and 2 alsatians at home.
- Rachana and Harsh earlier owned a beagle named Simba. Unfortunately, at the age of 5, their pet developed some serious health issues and passed away.
- Rachana has been passionate about philanthropy since childhood. She grew up watching her nani (maternal grandmother) donate money, toys, and food to the poor. Even her mother followed her nani’s footsteps and often bought snacks and sweets for the needy kids. Her mother always taught her that no matter how big or small one’s donation is, one should always try to help the underprivileged in society.