Rajesh Agarwal is the co-founder of Micromax Informatics Ltd, an Indian consumer electronics company. He is well- known for his entrepreneurial skills, catering to the needs for the majority of Indians with cost-effective electronics.
Rajesh Agarwal was born to Satya Kishore Agarwal and Shakuntala Agarwal on 22nd February 1965 in New Delhi, India. He graduated in B Tech in Electrical Engineering from Institute of Engineering, Calcutta. He is known to give India its most affordable consumer electronics brand: “Micromax”.
Eye Color: Brown
Hair Color: Black
Before Micromax, Rajesh Agarwal worked as a customer support engineer at Pertech Computers Limited and Universal Computers. From mobile phones to ACs, laptops and the next big thing Smart TV, his strategies, knowledge and skillset at Micromax have been impressive- delivering the diversified product to the market. Mr Agarwal’s success mantra is- “Teamwork divides responsibilities and multiplies growth.”
- Rajesh Agarwal believes that a Vaishno Devi Coin is his biggest lucky charm and he has been carrying it in his purse for 20 years.
- He was primarily responsible to secure an investment worth nearly Rs. 400 crores from Sequoia Capital, Sandstone Capital and TA Associates.
- He sold his Maruti 800 to collect collateral of Rs. 80,000 in order to establish Micromax Informatics Ltd.
- Rajesh Agarwal was a finalist of the E& Y Entrepreneur of the Year award in 2010.
- In the year 2015, Rajesh Agarwal received the Supply Chain Initiative of the Year award from Micromax Informatics Ltd from FSC.