Suchi Mukherjee is an Indian entrepreneur who is known as the founder and CEO of LimeRoad, an online shopping website for women.
Suchi Mukherjee was born on Friday, 6 July 1973 (age 50 years; as of 2023) in Haryana. Her zodiac sign is Cancer. She started her formal education at St. Stephan’s College, Delhi, and completed her B.A. Honors in Economics with Maths from the University of Cambridge (1994-1996.) She then went on to complete her M.Sc. Finance and Economics from The London School of Finance and Political Science (LSE) (1997-1998.) Suchi Mukherjee – LinkedIn
Hair Colour: Black
Eye Colour: Black
Parents & Siblings
The name of her mother and father is not known. She has a sister.
Husband & Children
Suchi met her future husband Sandeep Kunte (Director (Treasury) at Barclays Bank) in New Delhi. The couple dated for some time before they tied the knot in 2006. The couple has two kids together, a daughter (elder) and a son (younger.)
She dated her husband Sandeep Kunte for a few years before they got married.
Beginning of the Career
After completing her education, Suchi joined Lehman Brothers Incorporation as Senior Associate, Corporate Finance in 1998. In 2003, she switched to Virgin Media as Director of Change & Business Development. In 2005, she joined eBay Inc as the head of headed the Business Seller Programs and CS. Just after a year, she became the Director & Member of the Executive Management Team at Skype. After working for 3 years in Skype, she became Managing Director & GM at GumTree, a British-based online classified advertisement and community website.
As an Entrepreneur
Suchi founded the company LimeRoad in 2012 with Ankush Mehra and Prashant Malik. Prashant sold his shares in the company but Ankush Mehra remains as the Co-founder and Director of the parent company of LimeRoad, A.M Marketplaces Pvt. Ltd.
Awards, Honours, Achievements
- INFOCOM Women of the Year award (2015)
- Women Super Achiever Award
- Sanmarg ‘You Inspire’ Special Award for Pride of Bengal at the Sanmarg Aparajita Awards (2017)
- Woman Entrepreneur of The Year in NDTV Unicorn Start-up Awards (2016)
- ASSOCHAM Women Entrepreneur of the Year (2018)
- Suchi Mukherjee holds the tag of being the first Indian to receive the Cambridge Commonwealth Trust Scholarship in 1994 for studying Economics at Cambridge University. She is also a Chadburn Scholar, holds a University record in Development Economics, is the Elected Member of Newnham Associates from the University of Cambridge in 2008, and is British Chevening Scholar at LSE.
- Suchi came across the idea of LimeRoad after one month after delivering her second child. While she was flipping through a magazine, she realized her inability to buy a piece of jewelry featured in the magazine and hence the need for a technology with an easy interface that would help women discover such products that were outsourced.
- Actress Neha Dhupia is the Art Director at LimeRoad since 2014 and has a few stakes in the company. She also withdraws a monthly salary. She was the first pick of the company because of her glam quotient.
- In 2015, she was chosen to address the Startup India Standup India Event in New Delhi and shared the platform with Prime Minister Narendra Modi.
- Suchi admitted in an interview that she was never a girly girl but rather a tomboy since her childhood. Dainik Bhaskar – YouTube
- She learned to drive a car when she was just 13 years old. Although she admits that it was wrong, she learned that it is okay to make mistakes and learn from the experience. Dainik Bhaskar – YouTube
- When she completed her schooling, her mother wanted her to take up engineering, but Suchi was really interested in how economics and finance work. She said she was inspired by reading Financial Times that she used to read at her home.
- She is the youngest professor to have taught at St. Stephan’s College, Delhi where she taught Development Economics to third-year students for nine months. Dainik Bhaskar – YouTube
- Suchi is a golfer and has been practicing it for several years. It is quite a meditative experience for her. It was her husband who introduced it to her. Your Story – YouTube
- In an interview, Suchi revealed that she watched a lot of movies growing up since her mother wanted her to learn by watching other people’s experiences.
- Suchi makes sure to have some rituals in her life like having a shower before going to bed no matter the temperature. It helps her gain power and purpose in her thoughts and body. She also makes it mandatory for her employees at LimeRoad to have some daily and weekly rituals.
- She believes in the power of the subconscious and talking to the mind. Thus, she would often talk to herself and convenience her mind to solve the problems and then wake up finding a solution.