Suleman Shahbaz is a Pakistani politician who is known for being the son of Prime Minister of Pakistan, Shehbaz Sharif.
Suleman Shahbaz was born in 1982 (age 40 years; as of 2022) in Lahore, Pakistan. He studied Politics, Philosophy, and Economics at the University of Oxford, England.
Hair Colour: Semi-bald
Eye Colour: Black
Suleman Shahbaz belonged to a political family as his father is the Prime Minister of Pakistan, and his brother is the chief minister of Pakistan.
Parents & Siblings
Suleman’s father’s name is Shehbaz Sharif, the 23rd Prime Minister of Pakistan.
His mother’s name was Begum Nusrat Shahbaz. He has four siblings, one brother, Hamza Shahbaz, who is a politician, and three sisters, Rabia Imran, Khadija Shehbaz, and Javeria Shahbaz Sharif.
Wife & Children
Suleman is married to Zainab Suleman.
Suleman is a Sunni Muslim. Global Security
Suleman belongs to the Bhat Kashmiri tribe.
Suleman resides at 1 Concord Business Centre, Concord Road, London, United Kingdom, W3 0TJ.
Suleman runs his family business, Sharif Group.
In 2019, Suleman was arrested by the National Accountability Bureau in connection with a money laundering case. The organization claimed that Hamza Shahbaz, Suleman, and their father, Shehbaz Sharif, owned assets worth Rs. 3.3 billion. The immovable properties of him and his family were frozen. In October 2019, Suleman was issued a non-bailable arrest warrant, and the accountability court declared Suleman a proclaimed offender. In 2021, the accounts of members of the Sharif family were unfrozen. DAWN The Express Tribune
- Suleman is politically inclined towards the Pakistan Muslim League (N).
- In 2016, Suleman, along with his uncle Nawaz, attended meetings with Chinese officials. In a press conference, Imran Khan, who is the former Prime Minister of Pakistan, questioned Suleman’s presence in meetings with Nawaz Sharif. Imran said that because of Suleman, the China Pakistan Economic Corridor (CPEC) was not going well. In an interview, Suleman replied to Imran Khan and said,
Imran Khan is not even worth to head a party, he has lost his mind. Why would I make CPEC controversial? Why he does not bring his children to study in Pakistan. TV channels are running his 3 years old footage when he went for Umrah with PM Nawaz Sharif and that he is in the country presently.”
- In 2019, Suleman’s name was mentioned in the Exit Control List (ECL) by the National Accountability Bureau (NAB). The Express Tribune
- In 2019, after PML (N) President Shahbaz Sharif returned to Pakistan, Suleman remained in London.
- In 2019, in an interview, Suleman talked about the Rs. 99 million cheque that he had signed in 2009 and given to Manzoor Ahmed and Qasim Qayyum. He said,
I don’t know Qasim Qayyum I didn’t even meet him in my life. I don’t recognize this man. I haven’t met Manzoor and Qasim, it is the government’s claim and I completely deny this, it’s a joke.”
- Suleman’s name is often spelt as Salman Shahbaz.
- Reportedly, Suleman sent a bouquet to Jahangir Tareen in Oxford, the United Kingdom in 2022. Jahangir was often seen criticising the Pakistan Muslim League (N) because, in 2016, PML-N filed a plea to disqualify Tareen from his National Assembly seat for submitting false statements with the Election Commission of Pakistan.
|↑3||The Express Tribune|
|↑4||The Express Tribune|