Shanelle Irani was born on Friday, 13 October 1989 (age 33 years; as of 2022) in Mumbai, Maharashtra, India. Her zodiac sign is Libra. Shanelle completed her schooling at the
Height (approx.): 5′ 4″
Weight (approx.): 55 kg
Hair Colour: Black
Eye Colour: Dark Brown
Family & Ethnicity
Shanelle Irani belongs to a Parsi family.
Parents & Siblings
Shanelle’s father, Zubin Irani, is a businessman, who got married twice. His first wife, Mona Irani, is a model coordinator and casting director. Together, the couple has a daughter, Shanelle Irani.
After getting divorced from Mona, in 2001, Zubin got married to the Indian politician and former actress Smriti Irani. Together, they have two children; a son named Zohr Irani, who was born in 2001, and Zoish Irani, a businesswoman, who was born in 2003.
On 9 February 2023, Shanelle got married to Arjun Bhalla, a Canada-based lawyer, at the Khimsar Fort, Nagaur, Rajasthan in the presence of their friends and family members.
Shanelle’s father-in-law’s name is Sunil Bhalla, and her mother-in-law’s name is Sabina Bhalla. Her brother-in-law’s name is Amar Bhalla.
Shanelle’s step-maternal grandparents are Ajay Kumar Malhotra and Shibani Bagchi.
Shibani served as an ex-member of the Indian right-wing political party Bharatiya Jana Sangh, which was the political arm of Rashtriya Swayamsevak Sangh (RSS).
After dating Shanelle Irani for a while, Arjun proposed to her for marriage. On 25 December 2021, Shanelle’s stepmother, Smriti Irani, shared a post on Instagram in which she announced Arjun and Shanelle’s engagement. Smriti wrote,
To the man who now has our heart @arjun_bhalla welcome to our madcap family .. bless you for you have to deal with a crazy man for a father in law and worse .. me for a Saas (you have been officially warned) God bless.”
In June 2009, Shanelle was appointed as a judicial clerk to assist an Indian judge A. S. Oka, who was elevated to judge of the Supreme Court of India on 26 August 2021. After serving as a judicial clerk for two months, Shanelle joined as an intern at
- Shanelle is fondly called Shenna by her friends and family members.
- Shanelle is fond of travelling. In an interview, she stated that one of her favourite travel destinations is the United States of America (USA).
- Zubin is a childhood friend of the Bollywood actor Shah Rukh Khan. On 7 May 2017, Shah Rukh Khan shared an Instagram post in which he revealed that he named Zubin’s daughter ‘Shanelle.’
- Shanelle is well-versed in Hindi, English, and Gujarati languages.
- Shanelle’s father, Zubin Irani, serves as a director in a few companies like Tripta Technologies Private Limited, Navanita Foods & Dairy Private Limited, Anchorage Solutions Private Limited, Ugraya Agro Farms Private Limited, Villanix Realtors & Hospitality Private Limited, and Ugraya Mercantile Private Limited.
- During her school days, Shanelle served as a student council member (2003-2004). Additionally, she was appointed vice house captain (2003-2004) and house captain (2004-2005).
- During her school days, Shanelle developed an interest in debating. Consequently, in 2005, she participated and won the regional round in the British Council debate competition. The same year, she secured her position as the runner-up at the national level of the British Council debate competition.
- In 2005, while studying at Narsee Monjee College of Commerce and Economics, Shanelle participated in a student conference, organised by a youth organisation, Indian International Model United Nations (IIMUN). The following year, she was appointed as the head of administration of The Indian Youth Conclave (TIYC) and also took part in the conference organised by Ecole Mondiale Model United Nations.
- Initially, Shanelle’s mother, Mona Irani, worked as a model coordinator for a few popular Bollywood films like Kuch Kuch Hota Hai (1998), Mohabbatein (2000), Kabhi Khushi Kabhie Gham (2001), and Dhoom (2004). In 2006, she launched her own casting agency, Mona Irani Casting Agency in Mumbai.
- of the Moot Court Association. In May 2009, she was appointed as the assistant general secretary of the Moot Court Association. Additionally, she served as a member of the Student Council, Co-ordinating Committee, and Alumni Association.
- In July 2012, Shanelle enrolled as an advocate at the
- Shanelle’s stepmother, Smriti Irani, a member of Lok Sabha from Amethi Constituency, was appointed as the Human Resource Development Minister on 26 May 2014, in Narendra Modi‘s cabinet, making her the youngest cabinet minister at that time. The Print
- In 2015, while pursuing her Shanelle served as a member of a few societies like the Alumni Liaison, Georgetown International Arbitration Society (GIAS), Georgetown Society of International Law (GSIL), and Foreign Lawyers at Georgetown (FLAG).
- Shanelle enrolled as an attorney with the New York State Bar in July 2017.
- Shanelle is often spotted consuming alcoholic beverages on different occasions.