Zoish Irani is an Indian businesswoman who runs Silly Souls Goa Cafe & Bar in Goa. She is also known for being the daughter of politician Smriti Irani.
Zoish Irani was born on Monday, 22 September 2003 (age 19 years; as of 2022) in Mumbai. Her zodiac sign is Virgo.
Height (approx.): 5′ 4″
Weight (approx.): 50 kg
Hair Colour: Black
Eye Colour: Black
Zoish Irani belongs to a Parsi family.
Parents & Siblings
Zoish’s father’s name is Zubin Irani, who is a businessman.
Her mother’s name is Smriti Irani, who is a politician. She has a brother, Zohr Irani, who is a student. Shanelle Irani is Zubin Irani’s daughter from his previous marriage to Mona Irani.
Zoish resides at A-602, Neptune Apartments, Swami Samarth Nagar 4th Cross Lane, Lokhandwala Complex, Andheri West, Mumbai 400053.
Illegal license of a bar in Goa
On 23 July, Zoish attracted controversy when some INC leaders alleged that Zoish was illegally running a bar in Goa. They claimed that she had procured the license of the bar in the name of a deceased person. They even demanded the resignation of Zoish’s mother, Smriti Irani, who is the Union Minister. In a press conference, Smriti Irani said the allegations levelled against her daughter by Congress were aimed at assassinating her daughter’s character. Smriti also claimed that Zoish was an 18-year-old college student and doesn’t run a bar. She further added,
The allegation that my daughter runs an illegal bar is malicious with the intent not only to assassinate her character but also to politically malign me. And to the Gandhi family, which directed that this press conference [by Congress] be held against my child, I tell you this, send Rahul Gandhi back to fight the Lok Sabha election in 2024 from Amethi and he will lose again. That is my promise as a BJP worker and as a mother to that 18-year-old. I will see them in the court of law.” DNA
The controversy started when a video of Zoish’s interaction with the food critic Kunal Vijayakar on his show Khane Mein Kya Hai went viral on Twitter. In the video, she told Kunal that she was the owner of Souls Bar & Café in Goa.
Some members of BJP are shamelessly claiming that the owner of the bar is not the daughter of 'Tulsi' ji, this video is for them.
— Srinivas BV (@srinivasiyc) July 23, 2022
In an Instagram post, Smriti Irani said that her daughter Zoish was a record holder in Limca Books for world mac kempo games, has won bronze medal twice in Martial Arts Championship, and holds second Dan black belt in Karate.
- Actor: Hrithik Roshan, Tom Cruise
- Film: Zindagi Na Milegi Dobara (2011), Bang Bang (2014)
- Colours: Pink, Black, White
- TV Shows: So You Think You Can Dance (2005), MasterChef Australia (2009)
- Book: Catching Fire by Suzanne Collins
- Sports: Football, Tennis
- Song: “Rock Me” by One Direction
- Zoish is often called by the name Zoe by her friends and family members.
- Zoish follows a non-vegetarian diet. The Times of India
- Her hobbies include practicing Karate and travelling.
- In 2019, after Zoish passed her 10th CBSE board exams with 82%, Smriti Irani posted a picture with Zoish and appreciated her. In the post, she wrote,
10th board results out. Daughter scored 82%. Proud that inspite of challenges she has done well. Way to go Zoe.”
- In 2019, Zoish was bullied by her classmate for her looks in one of the picture posted by Smriti Irani on Instagram. Consequently, Zoish asked Smriti to delete the picture. However, watching that the post was deleted fueled the bully’s audacity to continue bullying Zoish. Later, Smriti against posted the same picture with a caption stating how proud she was of Zoish. In an interview, talking about the same, Smriti said,
I deleted my daughter’s selfie yesterday coz an idiot intimidate in her class, A Jha, mocks her for her looks & tells his pals in class to humiliate her for how she looks in her mother’s Insta post,” wrote Ms Irani. She further wrote: her daughter had asked her to delete the post, which she did. “I obliged coz I could not stand her tears. Then I realized my act just supported the intimidate.”
|↑2||The Times of India|