K. M. Sachin Dev is an Indian politician who became popular after winning the Balussery State assembly constituency election 2021 as a Communist Party of India (Marxist) representative and got recognition as the youngest politician to become a member of the Kerala Legislative Assembly. He also holds the position of State Secretary of Student’s Federation of India, Kerala State.
K. M. Sachin Dev was born on Monday, 18 October 1993 (age 28 years; as of 2021) in Nellikkode locality of Kozhikode city in Kerala, India. His zodiac sign is Libra. He went to Savio Higher Secondary School, Medical College Campus, Kozhikode, Kerala for his primary and secondary education. After completing his school education, he got himself enrolled at the Government Arts And Science College, Meenchanda, Kozhikode, Kerala to earn a bachelors degree in english. Later, he attended Government Law College Kozhikode, Kerala to pursue a bachelors degree in law. The Indian Express
Height (approx.): 5′ 8″
Eye Colour: Black
Hair Colour: Black
Parents & Sibling
The young political leader was born to K.M Nandakumar and M.Sheeja. His father, Nandakumar, is a retired of Mathrubhumi, a Malayalam newspaper that is published from Kerala, India. Sachin’s mother is a teacher at Government Higher Secondary School, Medical College Campus, Kozhikode. He also have a younger sister, Sandra K.M., in his family.
K. M. Sachin Dev’s girlfriend name is Arya Rajendran. She is a popular for being the youngest mayor in the country. They has known each other since their college days where they used to study together and were also the members of same political group, Students Federation of India (SFI). In December 2020, she rose to popularity after she was appointed the mayor of the Thiruvananthapuram Corporation in Kerala and became the youngest mayor in the country.
Marriage announcement of Sachin Dev with Arya Rajendran, an Indian politician also belonging to Communist Party of India (Marxist), was made in February 2022. During a media interaction, Arya shared the news with the media and said,
We have informed both our families and the party about our decision, but nothing has been decided on the marriage yet. It will not happen immediately for reasons including studies. It is not our decision alone. Both our families have spoken to each other. We both follow the same political ideology and have worked together at the organisational level, including in the Students Federation of India (SFI).”
Apparently, after their marriage the couple will become the newest Communist Party of India (Marxist) couple. This is usual trend of getting married to a leader from the same party is usually practiced in the state. Some other political couples from CPI(M) includes: legendary A.K. Gopalan (the first Leader of Opposition in the Lok Sabha) and Susheela Gopalan, T.V. Thomas and K.R.Gowri, present State Education Minister V.Sivankutty and Parvathy, former Rajya Sabha member A. Vijayaraghavan and State Higher Education Minister K. Bindhu, State Tourism Minister P.A. Mohammed Riyas with Veena Vijayan- daughter of Chief Minister Pinarayi Vijayan besides former legislator James Mathew and Sukanaya.
K. M. Sachin Dev was inclined towards politics since his college days. The young leader started his political journey while pursuing a bachelors degree in law. He became a member of Students Federation of India (SFI), an Indian left-wing student organisation, politically aligned to the ideology and political views of the Communist Party of India (Marxist). In no time, he became one of the most popular and respected leader of Students Federation of India in Government Law College Kozhikode with efforts and hardwork. His main focus was working for student welfare for which he received great appreciation. Later, he was appointed as the Union Chairman of association in college and as a president he was also provided with the office for the political works. His continuous efforts and commitment towards his work was commendable which also earned him the position of secretary of SFI Kozhikode district committee. In 2021, he was appointed as the state secretary of SFI committee in Kerala, and the All India Joint Secretary of SFI.
Soon after completing his law degree and already earning great experience in political field, he opted to pursue a career in the political field for which he joined Communist Party of India (Marxist). As an already well known student leader, he was among the popular members of the Communist Party of India in Kerala. His continuous for efforts public welfare brought huge advantages to the party in multiple ways because of which he was chosen by the party to contest election for the year 2021 from the Balussery State assembly constituency, one of the largest state legislative assembly constituencies in Kerala state which is included in the Kozhikode Lok Sabha constituency. The total percentage of voters in Balusseri Assembly Constituency was recorded as 78.18 percent. K.M. Sachin Dev won the election with the huge margin of 20,372 votes. He scored a total of 91,839 votes of the total 1,82,253 polled in the constituency defeating his opponent Dharmajan Bolgatty of the Indian National Congress who scored 71,467 votes. Bharatiya Janata Party’s candidate, Libin Bhaskar scored 16,490 votes.
Some of complaints filed against K. M. Sachin Dev are listed below My Neta:
- IPC Section-332: 2 charges related to Voluntarily causing hurt to deter public servant from his duty
- IPC Section-253: 1 charges related to Possession of Indian coin by person who knew it to be altered when he became possessed thereof
- IPC Section-308: 1 charges related to Attempt to commit culpable homicide
- IPC Section-143: 7 charges related to Punishment for Being member of an unlawful assembly
- IPC Section-147: 7 charges related to Punishment for Rioting
- IPC Section-149: 6 charges related to Every member of unlawful assembly guilty of offence committed in prosecution of common object
- IPC Section-28: 4 charges related to Danger or obstruction in public way or line of navigation
- IPC Section-145: 2 charges related to Joining or continuing in unlawful assembly, knowing it has been commanded to disperse
- IPC Section-448: 1 charges related to Punishment for house-trespass
- IPC Section-148: 1 charges related to Rioting, armed with deadly weapon
- IPC Section-323: 1 charges related to Punishment for voluntarily causing hurt
- IPC Section-427: 1 charges related to Mischief causing damage to the amount of fifty rupees
- IPC Section-153: 1 charges related to Wantonly giving provocation with intent to cause riot-if rioting be committed-if not committed
- IPC Section-183: 1 charges related to Resistance to the taking of property by the lawful authority of a public servant
Assets & Properties
- Cash: Rs 16,000
- Deposits in Banks: Rs 11,50,208
- LIC or other insurance Policies: Rs 40,000
- Motor Vehicles: Rs 2,38,000
- Jewellery: Rs 2,55,000
- Other assets: Rs 16,99,208
- Total: Rs 16,99,208
- Agricultural Land: Rs 2,31,24,000
- Residential Buildings: Rs 20,00,000
- Total: Rs 2,51,24,000
As of 2021, K. M. Sachin Dev has Rs 2,68,23,208 (2 Crore+) net worth. My Neta
- K. M. Sachin Dev used different social media platforms to keep his followers updated. He has more than 23k followers on his Instagram account and almost 40k people following him on his Facebook page.
- He is very cautious about spreading awareness about the environment. He often shares pictures of himself planting tress on his social media handles.