Navjot Kaur Sidhu is an Indian politician and a doctor (gynaecologist). She is the wife of cricketer-turned-politician, Navjot Singh Sidhu. She served as the ‘Chief Parliamentary Secretary’ of the Health & Family Welfare Department of Punjab.
Navjot Kaur Sidhu was born on 15 June 1963 (age 56 years; as in 2019) in Ludhiana. Her Zodiac sign is Gemini.
She did her schooling from Sacred Heart Convent School, Ludhiana and enrolled herself in a medical college in Patiala to pursue an MBBS degree. Sidhu was a studious child since her childhood. After completing her education, she started serving the Punjab Health department as a gynaecologist.
Height: 5′ 4″
Weight: 58 Kg
Hair Colour: Black
Eye Colour: Brown
Family, Caste & Husband
Navjot Kaur Sidhu belongs to a Punjabi Sikh Family. Not much is known about her family.
She is married to Navjot Singh Sidhu, an Indian politician and a former cricketer. The couple has a son, Karan Sidhu, and a daughter, Rabia Sidhu.
Navjot Kaur Sidhu started her political career in 2012. She was elected to the assembly from Amritsar East as a candidate of BJP (Bharatiya Janata Party). Sidhu was involved in many midnight raids at various medical centres in Punjab in order to expose numerous scams. Sidhu acted as a decoy patient in the Bindal case and she was also a part of the team that raided Patran case in which wells were dug to bury female fetuses. Navjot worked selflessly and earned the reputation of an honest politician. Sidhu also served as the Chief Parliamentary Secretary of the Health & Family Welfare of Punjab. In 2016, she announced her resignation from the BJP through her Facebook Page. She wrote-
Finally, I have resigned from the BJP. The burden is over.”
In November 2016, Sidhu joined Congress. In 2018, she was appointed as director and chairperson of the Punjab Warehousing Corporation by the Punjab Cheif Minister Amrinder Singh.
- Her hobbies include doing yoga, travelling and reading.
- Navjot loves eating Punjabi food.
- She is an avid dog lover.
- Navjot is an ardent follower of Sri Sri Ravishankar.
- Navjot exposed a senior state government medical officer who was running a private hospital in Mohali through a sting operation. Following which, the then central Health Minister ‘Ghulam Nabi Azad’ invited her to become a member of the National PNDT Committee to bring reforms in the Health Department.