Navjot Kaur Sidhu is an Indian politician and a doctor (gynaecologist). She is the wife of cricketer-turned-politician, Navjot Singh Sidhu. She served as the ‘Chief Parliamentary Secretary’ of the Health & Family Welfare Department of Punjab.
Navjot Kaur Sidhu was born on 15 June 1963 (age 59 years; as of 2022) in Ludhiana. Her Zodiac sign is Gemini.
She did her schooling at Sacred Heart Convent School, Ludhiana, and enrolled herself in a medical college in Patiala to pursue an MBBS degree. Sidhu was a studious child since her childhood. After completing her education, she started serving the Punjab Health department as a gynaecologist.
Height: 5′ 4″
Weight: 58 Kg
Hair Colour: Black
Eye Colour: Brown
Family, Caste & Husband
Navjot Kaur Sidhu belongs to a Punjabi Sikh Family. Not much is known about her family.
She is married to Navjot Singh Sidhu, an Indian politician, and a former cricketer. The couple has a son, Karan Sidhu, and a daughter, Rabia Sidhu.
Navjot Kaur Sidhu started her political career in 2012. She was elected to the assembly from Amritsar East as a candidate of BJP (Bharatiya Janata Party). Sidhu was involved in many midnight raids at various medical centres in Punjab in order to expose numerous scams. Sidhu acted as a decoy patient in the Bindal case and she was also a part of the team that raided the Patran case in which wells were dug to bury female fetuses. Navjot worked selflessly and earned the reputation of an honest politician. Sidhu also served as the Chief Parliamentary Secretary of the Health & Family Welfare of Punjab. In 2016, she announced her resignation from the BJP through her Facebook Page. She wrote-
Finally, I have resigned from the BJP. The burden is over.”
In November 2016, Sidhu joined Congress. In 2018, she was appointed as director and chairperson of the Punjab Warehousing Corporation by Punjab Chief Minister Amarinder Singh.
- Her hobbies include doing yoga, travelling, and reading.
- Navjot loves eating Punjabi food.
- She is an avid dog lover.
- Navjot is an ardent follower of Sri Sri Ravishankar.
- Navjot exposed a senior state government medical officer who was running a private hospital in Mohali through a sting operation. Following this, the then central Health Minister ‘Ghulam Nabi Azad’ invited her to become a member of the National PNDT Committee to bring reforms to the Health Department.
- In March 2023, she wrote an emotional post on Twitter in which she revealed that she had been diagnosed with stage 2 invasive cancer. The Tribune She wrote,
He (Navjot S Sidhu) is in the prison for a crime he has not committed .Forgive all those involved. Waiting for you each day outside probably suffering more than you. As usual trying to take your pain away,asked for sharing it. Happened to see a small growth, knew it was bad. Waited for You, seeing you were denied justice again and again.Truth is so powerful but it takes your tests time and again. KALYUG.Sorry can’t wait for you because it’s stage 2 invasive cancer. Going under the knife today. No one is to be blamed because it’s GODS plan: PERFECT”