Laksh Lalwani, also known as Lakshya, is an Indian actor and model who came into the spotlight after playing the role of ‘Parth Samthaan’ in MTV India’s “Warrior High” and for making his debut with the Bollywood film “Dostana 2.”
Laksh Lalwani was born on Friday, 19 April 1996 (age 23 years, as in 2019) in New Delhi. Times of India His zodiac sign is Aries.
He attended Delhi’s St. Xavier’s School and went to Delhi University to pursue his graduation in Fine Arts and Photography. As a child, he wanted to join the Indian Army.
Once, his friend went to give the audition for Roadies X1 and took Laksh along with him. They reached late at the audition and there were already 5000 people in the queue. After looking at the crowd, he thought of giving up on the audition. When Lalwani was about to make an exit from the venue, a guy from the production team informed Laksh that he had been called inside. He went inside and met Vikas Gupta (producer), who asked him to give the audition for another show. The following day, Laksh received a call for an interview with Vikas and was subsequently, offered a role in a daily soap.
Height (approx.): 5’ 9”
Weight (approx.): 70 kg
Hair Colour: Black
Eye Colour: Dark Brown
Body Measurements (approx.): Chest 42″ Waist 30″ Biceps 15″
Family, Caste & Girlfriend
Laksh Lalwani belongs to a Hindu Family. He is the son of Romesh Lalwani and Savita Lalwani. He has a younger sister, Poorvi Lalwani.
Laksh was rumoured to be in a relationship with the television actress, Rashmi Desai.
He was also rumoured to be dating his Pardes Mein Hai Mera Dil co-star, Aditi Gupta.
Laksh started his acting career in 2015 with the TV serial “Warrior High” in which he played the role of ‘Parth Samthaan.’
Next, he played the role of Yuvraj Madhav/Krish in &TV’s “Adhuri Kahaani Hamari” opposite Mahima Makwana. In 2016, he featured in the TV serial “Pyaar Tune Kya Kiya” that aired on Zing. He was also a part of the TV serial “Pardes Mein Hai Mera Dil.”
Subsequently, he played the role of ‘Porus’ in Sony TV’s historical drama “Porus.” It was one of the most expensive TV shows in the history of Indian television.
In 2019, Laksh roped in to play the second lead in the Bollywood film “Dostana 2.”
In 2016, the rumours of Laksh having differences with his Adhuri Kahaani Hamari co-star, Mahima Makwana, surfaced on the internet. There were also rumours about him being slapped by Mahima during a Holi bash. While clearing the rumours, Laksh said-
There were basic normal differences and nothing earth-shattering. Recently at the Holi shoot, regular things happened and were blown out of proportion. I came at the time for the media interaction. While applying colours, she got too excited and aggressive but I didn’t react as it was unintentional from her side. Then while giving another interview, after I applied colours on her face she vigorously rubbed her hands on my face due to which my sunglasses fell down. The colours went into my eyes. I got up and left as I was not in a state to give an interview . 20 minutes later I got back and completed the interview from where we left.” He further said, “The buzz of getting slapped by her is totally baseless and shocking. I wonder why people don’t even verify before writing stuff like that.”
- Food: Butter Chicken with Roti
- Actress: Deepika Padukone
- Sport: Wrestling
- Film: Raging Bull
- Song: Hymn For The Weekend by Coldplay
- App: Myfitnesspal
- Dialogue: “It ain’t about how bad you get hit, it’s about how bad you get hit and keep moving forward.”
- His hobbies include gymming and travelling.
- Laksh follows a non-vegetarian diet. Fuzion Productions
- He doesn’t like attending parties or social gatherings.
- Laksh underwent special training for his show “Porus.” He learnt horse riding, rowing, and sword fighting to make his character look convincing. Lalwani was appreciated for his performance in the show.
- While Laksh was shooting for the show ‘Porus,’ he got severely injured, but he was so dedicated to his work that he did not halt and continued shooting for the sequence.
- Laksh revealed in an interview that he enjoyed doing the thriller and action genre the most.
- In 2016, Lalwani dropped his surname as he felt that the surname philosophy works against the motto of unity in diversity.
- He considers Vikas Gupta (producer) as his Godfather.
- In 2019, he bagged the second lead in the Bollywood film “Dostana 2” after going through a rigorous selection process that included auditions and photoshoots. The Bollywood director and producer, Karan Johar, announced his debut through an Instagram post.
- In the same year, he signed a four-film contract with the Dharma Productions.
- His family and friends fondly call him Rajvir.
- Lalwani is fond of dogs and owns a pet dog.
- In 2018, he won the Lions Gold Award for Best Actor (Popular) for the serial “Porus.”
- Laksh Lalwani owns a Honda City car.
References [ + ]