Vikas Gupta is a producer known for TV serials like Gumrah: End of Innocence, The Serial, Yeh Hai Aashiqui, and MTV Webbed. He shot to fame when he entered the season 11 of one of the most controversial shows Bigg Boss. Let’s check out more about Vikas Gupta and other interesting facts related to him.
Vikas was born on 7 May 1987 (31 years; age as in 2018) in Dehradun, Uttarakhand, India. He was one of the youngest creative heads in Balaji Telefilms. He is also the founder of ‘A Lost Boy Productions’, a production house in Mumbai.
He is nearly 6’0” tall and weighs approximately 80 kg. He has a chest around 42 inches, waist 34 inches, and biceps 14 inches.
Family, Caste & Girlfriend
Vikas was born in a middle-class Vaishya family to Sharda Gupta in Bareilly, Uttar Pradesh, India. Although he was born in Bareilly, he was raised in Dehradun, Uttarakhand, India. He has 3 siblings; 2 brothers, Watan Gupta & Siddharth Gupta and a sister Komal Gupta. Siddarth Gupta is also an actor, whereas Watan Gupta is preparing for IAS entrance. Vikas’ sister is already married and settled in Gujarat. Anshuman Malhotra, who shot to fame with his role in Haider, is Vikas’ cousin.
After schooling, Vikas Gupta enrolled in a college for further studies, but it shut due to some reasons. He then enrolled in Rai University, Ahmedabad. Vikas then moved to Mumbai and started writing for Bhimsain Khurana, the director of Bollywood film Gharaonda (1977). He later got a job as a trainee in Balaji Telefilms but within 4 days, he was fired.
Vikas Gupta also worked under the TV director Deeya Singh. One day, the person who fired him from Balaji Telefilms called him back after acknowledging his work. Gupta then started working as a creative head for the TV serials like Kyunki Saas Bhi Kabhi Bahu Thi, Mahabharat, and Kis Desh Mein Hai Meraa Dil produced by Balaji Telefilms.
Vikas also tried his luck in acting and even started shooting for the TV serial Pyaar Kii Ye Ek Kahaani but after a few days he quit the show. He later founded the production house A Lost Boy Productions and produced several popular TV serials like Gumrah: End of Innocence, The Serial, Yeh Hai Aashiqui, and MTV Webbed.
Apart from being a producer, he is also a famous screenwriter and wrote the scripts of several TV serials like Mujhe Meri family Se Bachao (episode writer), Golden Era with Annu Kapoor (episode writer), Desi Beats, Gumrah: End of Innocence, and The Serial.
In 2017, he participated in the popular reality show Bigg Boss 11, hosted by Salman Khan.
- Once Ekta Kapoor said that Parth Samthaan and Vikas Gupta were in a relationship. In an interview, she said that “Vikas and Parth were close to each other and were in a relationship. Parth has accused Vikas of touching him inappropriately on December 7, 2013 and 20 days later, he was with Vikas holidaying in Bangkok! I know because I was also there to bring in the New Year. I have seen several videos of him professing his love for Vikas. The reason Parth has become bitter towards Vikas who gave him a break in his TV show is that the relationship came to an end. But he seems to have forgotten that he has a career thanks to Vikas, who groomed him and presented him. They were together for over three years. It’s very convenient to turn around and accuse your lover of being a molester/rapist. You see starlets doing it all the time. Now male actors seem to have started using this tactic as well.” But, later Parth denied this and said that everyone knew he was in a relationship with a girl.
- Vikas Gupta’s ex-boyfriend, Parth Samthan, accused Vikas of molesting him. However, a few days later they were both seen partying together in Goa.
- The famous Indian TV producer Ekta Kapoor is his Rakhi sister.
- He takes a lot of interest in writing and swimming.
- He is an animal lover and has a dog named Pikachu.
- Vikas knew his fellow Bigg Boss 11 contestants Priyank Sharma, Sabyasachi Satpathy, Arshi Khan, and Shilpa Shinde before they entered the Bigg Boss house.
References [ + ]