Arti Singh is an Indian television actress. She is the niece of actor Govinda and sister of comedian, Krushna Abhishek. She came into the spotlight after playing the role of ‘Seema’ in the TV serial “Parichay — Nayee Zindagi Kay Sapno Ka.”
Arti Singh was born on Friday, 5 April 1985 (age 34 years; as in 2019) in Lucknow. Her zodiac sign is Aries.
Arti is fond of dancing since childhood. She actively participated in her school’s dance competitions and won many prizes.
Height (approx.): 5′ 5″
Hair Colour: Brown
Eye Colour: Brown
Family, Caste & Boyfriend
Arti Singh belongs to a Hindu Family. She was born to Atmaprakash Sharma and Padma. She has a brother, Krushna Abhishek (comedian). Her mother had passed away when Arti was just 37 days old. While her brother, Krushna, stayed with her father in Mumbai, she was adopted by her mother’s sister-in-law, Geeta Singh. She has a brother, Vivek Singh, who is the son of her foster mother, Geeta. Her father, Atmaprakash Sharma, passed away in 2019 after fighting Cancer.
The Bollywood actor, Govinda, is her maternal uncle.
The TV actresses, Ragini Khanna and Soumya Seth are her cousin sisters. The film director, Amit Khanna, is also her cousin.
Arti Singh was in a relationship with the television actor, Ayaz Khan. The couple called it quits, after dating each other for three years. The duo continued to make a healthy friendship even after their breakup. While talking about their friendship, Arti once said,
I have a close circle of friends and Ayaz is one of them. We always meet with other friends. He is a nice guy and nobody would want to lose him as a friend. People should just stop linking us, as we both want to find suitable partners. The news of my marriage will shut my detractors. So, pray for me.”
She is rumoured to be dating the television actor, Siddharth Shukla.
Arti Singh started her acting career in 2007 with the TV serial “Maayka” in which she played the role of ‘Soni Khurana.’ Next, she appeared in the TV serials “Grihasti” and “Thoda Hai Bas Thode Ki Zaroorat Hai.” She came into the limelight after playing the role of ‘Seema Gaurav Chopra’ in Colors TV’s “Parichay — Nayee Zindagi Kay Sapno Ka.”
Arti has appeared in TV serials like “Uttaran,” “Devon Ke Dev…Mahadev,” “Encounter,” and “Sasural Simar Ka.” In 2015, she participated in the reality show “Box Cricket League” and was a part of the Ahmedabad Express Team.
In 2016, she played the lead role of ‘Amba Pawania’ in the TV serial “Waaris” opposite Iqbal Khan.
She has also been a part of comedy shows like “Comedy Classes” and “Comedy Nights Bachao.”
In 2019, she entered the game reality show “Bigg Boss 13” as a contestant.
- Food: Pani Puri
- Actor: Salman Khan
- Actress: Priyanka Chopra
- Colours: White, Pink
- Travel Destination: London
- Clothing Brand: Zara
- Her hobbies include dancing, swimming, and travelling.
- She considers TV actors Tina Datta and Mrunal Jain as her closest friends in the television industry.
- Arti is very close to her foster mother, Geeta Singh.
- Arti’s biological mother, Padma, and her foster mother, Geeta, were not just sisters-in-law but also best friends. Geeta adopted Arti after the demise of her mother, Padma.
- Arti shared in an interview that if not an actress, she would have been a dancer.
- In 2011, she lost around 8-10 kgs of weight for her serial “Parichay — Nayee Zindagi Kay Sapno Ka.”
- Arti has got a tattoo inked on her right forearm.
- Arti is fond of animals and often shares her pictures with them on social media.
- She shared in an interview that she had developed several complexes in childhood, as unlike her brother, Krushna, and cousins, Ragini and Tina Ahuja, she had an awful fashion sense and she couldn’t speak in English.
- Interestingly, Arti had stepped into the entertainment industry way before her brother Krushna and cousin, Ragini had entered the same field, but she was the last one to earn recognition.
- She is an ardent follower of Lord Ganesha.
- During her stay in Bigg Boss 13, Arti revealed that she had suffered from depression when she didn’t get work for around 2 years. She further told that she had received a good marriage proposal but the groom’s family did not reciprocate after learning about her depression.
- While in the house of Bigg Boss 13, the TV journalist and one of the contestants of the show, Shefali Bagga, made some humiliating comments on Arti’s personal relationship during a task. Shefali raised questions about Arti’s broken marriage and also her affair with Siddharth Shukla. However, after the completion of the task, Shefali cleared that she made her own stories in order to win the task.