Tina Datta is an Indian actress and model who shot to fame when she played the role of Iccha in the Colors’ TV show Uttaran.
Tina Datta (aka Tina Dutta) was born on Wednesday, 27 November 1991 (age 31 years; as of 2022) in Calcutta (now Kolkata), West Bengal, India. Facebook page of Tina Datta Her zodiac sign is Sagittarius. After completing her schooling at Meghmala Roy Education Centre, Behala, Kolkata and St. Paul’s Boarding And Day School, Kolkata, she enrolled in the University of Calcutta, where she earned a degree in English Honours. Tina Datta – Facebook Lifestyle Asia
Height (approx.): 5′ 1″
Weight (approx.): 55 kg
Hair Colour: Dark Brown
Eye Colour: Dark Brown
Body Measurements (approx.): 34-26-36
Tina Datta was born into a Bengali Hindu family.
Parents & Siblings
Tina Datta’s father’s name is Tapan Kumar Datta. Her mother’s name is Madhumita Datta. She has an elder brother named Debraj Datta.
In 2019, Tina Datta revealed that she was in a relationship with a person who did not belong to the entertainment industry. According to Tina, the relationship was abusive, and she stayed in it for five years. She further said that she used to get beaten by her ex-boyfriend in front of her friends as a result of which her confidence began to dwindle. In 2011, she had an affair with a Supervising Producer, Mahesh Kumar Jaiswal. In 2014, after rumours regarding their marriage began circulating, in 2012, Tina clarified that she did not marry Mahesh.
Tina was also dating a businessman named Paresh Mehta. After she entered Bigg Boss, rumours began circulating that she had begun dating Shalin Bhanot; however, Shalin denied the rumours and said that Tina is just a friend.
Tina Datta follows Hinduism.
Tina Datta made her acting debut in the Bengali film industry as a child artist with the 1997 film Pita Maata Santan.
In the same year, she appeared in the Bengali film Dus Number Bari. In 2003, she appeared in two Bengali films titled Tharak and Chokher Bali. In Chokher Bali, she worked alongside Aishwarya Bachchan. Tina made her debut with the 2005 Bollywood film Parineeta in which she played the role of Young Lalita Roy.
In 2008, she appeared in a Bengali film titled Chirodini Tumi Je Amar.
At the age of five, Tina Datta made her acting debut in the entertainment industry, as a child artist, in 1996 with the TV serial Sister Nivedita. In 2007, she played the role of two characters named Hiya and Saira in Khela, a Bengali TV serial. She played the role of Kumkum Roy Choudhary in the 2008 Bengali TV serial Durga. In the same year, she appeared in I Laugh You, a Bengali reality comedy TV show. In 2009, Tina made her Hindi television debut with her portrayal of the role of Ichha Bharti Singh Bundela in Colors’ TV show, Uttaran. She worked in the show till 2015.
In the same year, she played the role of a character named Paromita Roy in the Hindi supernatural drama TV show Koi Aane Ko Hai. In 2011, she made a guest appearance in Bigg Boss Season 5. In 2014 and 2016, she participated in the first and second seasons of the Box Cricket League (BCL) as a player of the Ahmedabad Express team.
Tina was also a contestant in the reality show Fear Factor: Khatron Ke Khiladi Season 7 in 2016.
In 2017, she did her first mythological TV serial, Shani, in which she played the role of Shani’s wife, Dhamini.
From 2018 to 2019, she appeared in the Hindi paranormal romance drama TV series Daayan in which she played the roles of Jahnvi Chaudhry and Kundani Roy. She has also appeared in various reality TV shows like Comedy Circus (2009), Comedy Nights with Kapil (2013), Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa Season 7 (2014), Comedy Classes (2015), Comedy Nights Bachao (2016), etc. She has also worked on various projects in the Indonesian entertainment industry.
Tina Datta participated in the 16th season of the Hindi reality TV show Bigg Boss in October 2022. She was evicted from the show on 10 December 2022; however, she returned to the show a day later. Her friendship with Shaleen Bhanot was one of the most talked about relationships of Bigg Boss 16. During the show, contestant Sumbul Touqeer Khan’s father scolded Shalin Bhanot and Tina Dattaa for the way they had treated her in the house. He told Sumbul ‘you are being used.’ He also used abusive language for Tina. Later, Tina Datta’s mother uploaded a video on Instagram through which she made an emotional appeal to the audience, saying that abusing Tina on national TV was unjustified.
She made her digital debut as a character named Ketki in the web series Naxalbari, which was released on ZEE5 on 28 November 2020.
Uncordial relationship with co-stars
Tina Datta has often made headlines over not sharing a good relationship with Rashmi Desai and Sreejita De, her co-stars from Uttaran. Reportedly, she often entered into a catfight with both of them on the sets of Uttaran. Tina is reported to have said that the story revolves around her as she and Rashmi were playing the lead roles. Talking about it, Tina said,
The show has been running for the last six years, and everyone knows it is about two characters Meethi (Tina Datta) and Tapasya (Rashami Desai). So obviously, it revolves around me.”
Sreejita, however, disagreed and said that the statement was childish and that the show cannot run on just one character in the centre. While talking about it, during an interview, Srijeeta said,
A show cannot run with a single actor. An experienced actor knows that a show can never be shouldered by a single person. Anyone who says that the show is all about them is extremely childish and immature.”
Later, there were reports that when Tina and Rashmi were invited to host Comedy Circus 3 Ka Tadka, they did not host the show together and Rashmi came to the stage only after Tina had left the studio. Clarifying the issue, Tina told the media that she had no information on Rashmi’s presence and that the two shared a cordial relationship. The Times of India
Allegations of sexual misconduct against her co-star
In 2019, while working with her co-star Mohit Malhotra in the TV serial Daayan, Tina accused Mohit of indulging in sexually inappropriate behaviour on the sets. Mohit, however, denied the allegations. Later, they held a meeting with the producers of the serial and sorted out the differences. The Times of India
Accused a co-passenger of sexual misconduct on airlines
In 2014, Tina wrote a Facebook post according to which her co-passenger was trying to touch her inappropriately. She also accused the airline’s staff of not helping her and adopting a casual approach towards her complaints. She claimed that the airlines took no action against the man and only offered her a seat exchange. The Times of India
- Tina Datta received the Producers Guild Film Award for Best Actress in a Drama Series in 2010.
- Tina was awarded the Kalakar Award for Best New Face (Female) in 2010.
- Tina Datta won the 16th Lion Gold Award for Best Actress in 2010.
- Tina was given the All India Achievers Award for Excellence in Acting in 2011.
- Tina received the Golden Petal Award for Most Janbaaz Personality in 2013.
- In the same year, she won Hira Manek Award for her role in Uttaran. Urban Asian
- In 2016, she received the Golden Achievers Award from the All India Achievers Conference.
- In 2021, Tina received the Women Empowerment Award from Make Earth Green Again (MEGA) Foundation.
- In March 2022, Tina won the OTT Debut Award for Naxalbari.
- She has also won the International Goldstar Award.
- Toyota Fortuner.
- Mercedes-Benz C-Class.
As a Bigg Boss 16 contestant, Tina Datta earned Rs 8-9 Lakhs per week. The Times of India
As of October 2022, Tina Datta’s net worth is around Rs 65 Crore. The Siasat Daily
- Tina Datta is also known as Tinzi. Instagram – Tina Datta
- Her name is also spelt as Tina Dutta and Tinaa Dattaa.
- Tina Datta has appeared on the cover of various magazines like Grihshobha, Enlighten India Magazine, Be Attractive, Downtown Mirror, Bigg Boss Times, etc.
- Tina Datta occasionally consumes alcoholic beverages.
- Tina is a trained dancer.
- She follows a non-vegetarian diet.
- She is a hodophile (one who likes to travel a lot) and has visited countries like Armenia, Kenya, and many more.
- Tina Datta’s hobbies include reading comics, horse racing, baking, and landscape photography.
- She is an avid dog lover. She has a Golden Retriever named Bruno and another dog named Rani.
- Tina Datta has advertised for several brands like Sparx, Hyatt Regency, and many more.
- Tina Dutta loves to do yoga, and through social media, she urges her followers to do yoga.
- In 2017, Tina started taking a horse riding course in Mumbai.
- In 2018, Tina visited the troops of the Indian Army stationed at the Line Of Control (LOC) and fired different types of weapons there.
- On 14 June 2022, she joined Sadhguru’s Save Soil initiative.
- In an interview, Tina Datta said that she had Obsessive-compulsive Disorder (OCD).
- Shah Rukh Khan, Ranbir Kapoor, and Ranveer Singh are her favourite Bollywood actors.