Tina Datta is an Indian actress who shot to fame with her portrayal of the role of Iccha in Colors’ TV show, Uttaran. Let’s check out the detailed information about her.
Tina Datta was born as Tanisha Datta on 27 November 1986 (aged 32; as in 2018) in Calcutta (now Kolkata), West Bengal, India. Her family and friends fondly call her Tinzi. She started acting at the age of five. Though she is active in both Hindi and Bengali entertainment industries, she has also received huge fame for her performances in the Hindi TV serials. She has also won many awards for her performance in TV serials.
She is approximately 5’ 1” tall and weighs around 55 kg. She has brown eyes and black hair.
Family & Boyfriend
Tina Datta was born to Hindu parents. She has a brother, Debraj Datta.
She had an affair with a Supervising Producer, Mahesh Kumar Jaiswal. Tina was also dating a businessman, Paresh Mehta.
As of 2018, she was unmarried.
Tina Datta did her schooling from Meghmala Roy Education Centre, Behala, Kolkata, and St. Paul’s Boarding And Day School, Kolkata. She completed her graduation from the University of Calcutta, Kolkata. She made her acting debut, as a child artist, in 1992 with the TV serial, Sister Nivedita. As a child, she also appeared in many Bengali films like Pita Mata Santan (1997), Dus Number Bari (1997), etc. In 2003, she did her first Bengali film, Chokher Bali as an actress and in 2005, she did her first Bollywood film, Parineeta as an actress.
In 2009, Tina made her television debut, as an actress, with her portrayal of the role of Ichha Bharti Singh Bundela in Colors’ TV show, Uttaran. She has also appeared in various reality TV shows like Comedy Circus (2009), Comedy Nights with Kapil (2013), Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa Season 7 (2014), Comedy Classes (2015), Comedy Nights Bachao (2016), etc.
In 2014 & 2016, she participated in the sports reality entertainment TV show, Box Cricket League (Season 1 & Season2), as a player of the Ahmedabad Express team.
Tina was also a contestant in the reality show, Fear Factor: Khatron Ke Khiladi Season 7, in 2016.
In 2017, she did her first mythological TV serial, Shani, in which she played the role of Shani’s wife, Dhamini.
Tina Datta has also received several awards for her acting like Producers Guild Film Award for Best Actress in a Drama Series in 2010, Kalakar Award for Best New Face (Female) in 2010, 16th Lion Gold Award for Best Actress in 2010, All India Achiever’s Award for Excellence in Acting in 2011, and Golden Petal Award for Most Janbaaz Personality in 2013.
- During the shooting of the TV serial, Uttaran, there were catfights between Tina Datta and Sreejita De.
- In 2011, it was rumoured that she was married to Supervising Producer, Mahesh Kumar Jaiswal. However, she clarified, such rumours were fake that she was married to him.
- Tina Datta admires the actors, Amitabh Bachchan, Shah Rukh Khan, Hrithik Roshan, and Brad Pitt, and the actresses, Priyanka Chopra, Kajol, and Angelina Jolie.
- Agneepath (2012) is her all-time favourite film.
- She loves to eat Chinese food, and her favourite dish is Dim sum.
- She also loves to eat Mishti Doi and Rasgullas.
- Tina also likes to watch TV serials, and Diya Aur Baati Hum is one among her favourites.
- She likes to drink Red Bull.
- White is her all-time favourite colour.
- Tina Datta appeared on the cover of various magazines like Grihshobha, Enlighten India Magazine, etc.
- She is a chain smoker and consumes alcohol as well.
- Tina is a trained dancer.
- She is a hardcore non-vegetarian.
- She loves to travel and listen to music.
- Tina Datta is fluent in Hindi, English, and Bengali.
- She is an avid dog lover.