Kushal Punjabi was an Indian actor, director, model, and dancer. He is known for appearing in the Bollywood films “Lakshya” (2004), “Kaal” (2005) and “Salaam-E-Ishq” (2007).
Kushal Punjabi was born on Friday, 23 April 1982 (age 37 years at the time of death) in Mumbai. His zodiac sign was Taurus.
Kushal was active in sports right from his childhood. He used to take part in cycling, skating, dancing, football, athletics, and swimming in his school and college days. After completing his graduation, Kushal had done a course in bartending and had served as a bartender for a while. Thereafter, he worked as a purser in Jet Airways. Prior to acting and modelling, Kushal had also worked as a life insurance agent and financial consultant in Dubai.
Height (approx.): 5’ 10”
Hair Colour: Black
Eye Colour: Brown
Family, Caste & Wife
Kushal belongs to a Sindhi Family. Indiatimes.com His father, Capt. VJ Punjabi (Karachi) was an Indian Navy personnel. His mother’s name is Priya Punjabi (Hyderabadi). He had two sister’s Reena and Monisha.
Kushal was married to Audrey Dolhen (European). The two were blessed with a son, Kian.
Kaushal started his career as a model and dancer. As a dancer, he had choreographed many contests like the Gladrags Manhunt Mega Model contest, and Mrs. India contest. He had also directed and choreographed the ‘Star Walk’ fashion event for an NGO named Umeed. He made his television debut in 1995 with the TV series “A Mouthful of Sky.” Next, he did a short film “Bomgay.” In 1997 he featured in the music video of Shweta Shetty’s pop song “Deewane To Deewane Hai.”
He had worked in many popular TV serials like Love Marriage, Don, Zindagi Wins, #LoveBytes, Kya Hal Mister Panchal, Sajan Re Phir Jhooth Mat Bolo, and Ishq Mein Marjawan. He had also featured in many episodic roles in TV series like “CID,” “Sssshhh… Phir Koi Hai,” and “Adaalat.”
In 2011, he won the reality TV game show “Zor Ka Jhatka: Total Wipeout,” an Indian version of US game show Wipeout, and won the cash prize of Rs. 5 million. Kushal was also a part of many reality shows like “Mr. & Ms. TV,” “Fear Factor,” “Fun on the Run,” “Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa season 7.”
He had been a part of the Bollywood films “Lakshya,” “Kaal,” “Salaam-e-Ishq,” and “Crazy Cukkad Family.” In 2017, Kushal made his directorial debut with the short film “The Gift.”
In addition to acting and dancing, he was also an adventure sports teacher. He used to teach various water sports to people including Scuba Diving and Water Boarding.
Kaushal Punjabi committed suicide at around 11 pm on 26 December 2019. He was found hanging at his residence in Pali Hill, Bandra, Mumbai. Police recovered a suicide note from his place that stated that no one was responsible for his death. Reportedly, he was going through separation from his wife and was also suffering from depression. The television actor, Karanvir Bohra, announced the news of Kushal’s death on social media. He wrote
Your demise has shocked the hell out of me. I’m still in denial, Kushal Punjabi. I know you are in a happier place, but this is unfathomable. The way you lead your life really inspired me in more ways than one…. but what was I to know. Your zest for dancing, fitness, off-road biking, fatherhood and above all that, that smiling face of yours, your happy-go-lucky nature your warmth all that was such ingenuity. I’m gonna miss you so much #kushlani. You will always be remembered as a guy who lived a full life.”
- Cuisine: Continental
- Beverage: Black Coffee
- Actor: Salman Khan
- Actress: Madhuri Dixit
- Colour(s): Black, Grey
- Film(s): I Am Sam (2001), Sholay (1975), Dil Chahta Hai (2001)
- Travel Destination: Mauritius
- Kushal was fond of dancing, watching films, reading, and riding bikes.
- He loved travelling and doing adventure sports.
- He was a professional modern jazz and hip-hop dancer. He had worked as a choreographer and trainer in Shiamak Davar’s dance institute.
- He was a fitness enthusiast and used to visit the gym every day.
- During an interview, Kushal had revealed that if not an actor, he would have been a pilot.
- He was an avid animal lover and had owned a pet cat, Pinkypaw Punjabi and two pet dogs, Mr.Snuggles and Mr.Gizmo.
- Kushal had featured on the cover of the Tri-city Calling magazine.
- He had four tattoos on his body; A Ganesh tattoo on his right shoulder, his son’s name inked on his left arm, a mask inked on his left bicep, and one more tattoo on his back.
- His family and friends fondly called him Kush. He was also referred to as dancing daddy and biker boy by his friends.
References [ + ]