Riya Shukla or Ria Shukla is an Indian television and film actor. In 2016, she appeared in the Bollywood film ‘Nil Battey Sannata’ as Apeksha ‘Apu’ Shivlal Sahay.
Riya Shukla was born on Thursday, 1 January 2000 (age 22 years; as in 2022) in Indranagar, Lucknow. Her zodiac sign is Capricorn. She completed her schooling from M K S D Inter College Lucknow, Uttar Pradesh. Facebook
Height (approx.): 4′ 10″
Hair Colour: Black
Eye Colour: Black
Riya’s father, Sushil Kumar Shukla works at the Vidhan Bhawan, Lucknow. He mother, Madhuri Shukla is a homemaker. She has three siblings out of which two are elder and one is younger.
Riya started her career as a contestant in the TV talent show for children ‘Hindustan Ke Hunarbaaz’ in 2012. Later, she appeared in the TV dance reality show ‘Dance India Dance.’ She did cameo roles in Bollywood films like ‘Tanu Weds Manu Returns’ (2015) and ‘San’ 75 Pachattar’ (2016). Riya auditioned for the Bollywood film ‘Nil Bate Sannata’ (2016) in Lucknow, and she got selected to play the character of ‘Appu,’ daughter of Swara Bhaskar in the film.
In 2017, she worked as an art director in the short film ‘Butterflies and Hurricanes.’ Later, she appeared in many more Bollywood films including ‘Hichki’ (2018) and ‘3rd Eye’ (2019).
She debuted as an actor in the Hindi TV serial ‘Naati Pinky Ki Lambi Love Story,’ aired on 27 January 2020, in which she played the title character, opposite Puneett Chouksey.
- She joined Prayag Sangeet Samiti in Allahabad at the age of three to learn classical music and Kathak dance form.
- She has featured in many TV commercials including Ted Talk Nayi Soch and Whisper Ultra.
- Her family and friends call her Pari.
- One of her best friends is Anushika Srivastav.
- In 2016, she won the Star Screen Best Child Artist Award for the Bollywood film ‘Nil Battey Sannata.’
- Ashwiny Iyer Tiwari, the filmmaker of ‘Nil Battey Sannata’ had hired a tutor for Riya on the sets of the film so that she could not skip her studies.
- Impressed by Riya’s acting skills, actor Pankaj Tripathi, calls her ‘Longia Mirch.’
- On her television debut, Riya said in an interview,
Naati Pinky Ki Lambi Love Story came as a big surprise and was destiny’s blessing for me. I was home in Lucknow when I got a call from the production team, and my life has changed thereafter. I am the first one in my family to walk down this road and fortunately they are super proud of me. While I have done a couple of Bollywood projects, with this I make my television debut and I am extremely excited. I hope my character resonates with our viewers.”