Mohammad Nazim is an Indian model and actor. He is known for playing the role of Ahem Parag Modi in the popular Indian television show Saath Nibhaana Saathiya (2010) on StarPlus.
Mohammad Nazim Khilji was born on Sunday, 1 January 1984 (age 38 years; as of 2022) in Malerkotla, Punjab. His zodiac sign is Capricorn. Mohammad Nazim Khilji – Instagram
Reportedly, he also attended Panjab University, Chandigarh; however, he left midway. Mohammad Nazim – Facebook He was fascinated by acting since childhood.
Height (approx): 5′ 7″
Hair Colour: Black
Eye Colour: Dark Brown
Body Measurements (approx.): Chest 42″, Waist 31″, Biceps 15″
He belongs to a Muslim family.
Parents & Siblings
Mohammad Nazim’s father was a wrestler. Mohammad Nazim’s mother’s name is Suraiya. On 31 October 2019, Nazim’s mother passed away after suffering from cardiac arrest.
In an interview, he talked about her mother and said,
Even after almost three years, I still feel the pain of losing her. In 2019, she died due to a heart attack. I was with her just a day before because she wasn’t feeling well. But as I had work commitments, I had to return to the set. The next day I got a call saying she had passed away, so I rushed to the airport, but there were no flights for several hours to Chandigarh. I remember I was in a state of shock and had to spend long hours at the airport until I got a flight. Looking at mothers with their kids at the airport, I kept crying. I stayed in my hometown Malerkota in Punjab for a month after that. That’s when my sister told me to return to Mumbai and get back to work. It hasn’t been easy, but I am trying”.
He has a brother and four sisters. His elder sister’s name is Nagina.
Mohammad Nazim’s girlfriend Shaiena Seth, is a tarot card reader.
Mohammad Nazim follows Islam. Mohammad Nazim – Instagram
Mohammad Nazim debuted with the StarPlus television show Shaurya Aur Suhani (2009). In 2010, he appeared on the Hindi television show Saath Nibhaana Saathiya (2010) in which he played the lead role of Ahem Parag Modi.
In an interview, he talked about his role in the television show and said,
When I signed Saath Nibhana Saathiya, I never expected it to do so well. As it is, the show was slotted for 7 pm! I’m really enjoying being Ahem, actually the character is not bad at all but the situations are such that make him lose temper. I love it when I hear from the audience that they like me in the show. Recently Devoleena Bhattacharjee replaced Jiaa Manek for the character of Gopi. I felt very bad when I got to know that Jiaa has made an exit from the show but this industry is such that one has to move on. Devoleena is a very dedicated and a humble person and I like working with her.”
Mohammad Nazim has appeared in many television shows such as Laal Ishq (2018), Udaan (2018), Roop – Mard Ka Naya Swaroop (2019), Saath Nibhaana Saathiya 2 (2020), and Tera Mera Saath Rahe (2021).
In 2012, he made his film debut with the television film Star Dandiya Dhoom Machi Dhoom (2012) in which he played the character of Ahem. In 2016, he appeared in the television film Plot No. 666 in which he played the character of Mac.
- 2021: International Iconic Award for International Iconic Actor of Indian Television- Tera Mera Saath Rahe (2021)
- 2015: Zee Gold Awards for Most Fittest Actor- Saath Nibhana Saathiya (2010)
- 2015: BIG Entertainment Award for most Entertaining Television Actor (Male)- Saath Nibhana Saathiya (2010)
- He is the cousin of Indian actor Anas Rashid.
- He follows a non-vegetarian diet. The Times of India
- Before venturing into acting, Mohammad Nazim worked as a personal trainer at Bodyscapes Gymnasium, Chandigarh; he also did an ad shoot for a magazine.
- In an interview, he talked about his role in the TV show Saath Nibhana Saathiya and how he landed the role. He said,
I was fond of acting since childhood and once I got to do a show for Channel V for two days where I earned Rs 1000 per day. And as for education, I had completed my twelfth standard and started my graduation but I left it in between. I also modelled for various print advertisements and from there on, I was offered a negative role in Star Plus’ Shaurya Aur Suhani. I went to Mumbai and after this show, I struggled for one year and did shows like CID and Aahat. But all this while, I was waiting for a meaty role and that’s when Saath Nibhana Saathiya happened.”
- In an interview, Mohammad Nazim talked about the television reality show Big Boss and said,
Yes, I’ve been offered the show before. The first time Bigg Boss was offered to me immediately after Saath Nibhaana Saathiya ended, but I couldn’t do it that year because my sister’s marriage was about to happen around same. I was again offered the show next year, but I couldn’t do it. Then I was offered the show in 2019, I was doing the show Bahu Begam and I couldn’t do the show that year as well, but I’m glad it didn’t happen that year because I lost my mother that year. And If I would have in the Bigg Boss house it would have always affected me that I didn’t get to spend the last days with my mother.” The Times of India
- In 2020, Mohammad Nazim became a victim of credit card fraud and lost Rs 25,000. He talked about this in an interview and said,
At first I got one transaction message on my phone, which I didn’t pay much attention to. After a day, I got back-to-back two messages from the bank about online shopping whereas I hadn’t done any. This created doubt and I got my credit card blocked. The bank people have assured me that I will get my money back.”
- He is a gym enthusiast and he often shares his workout pictures on Instagram. Mohammad Nazim – Instagram
- His hobbies include travelling, cooking, Dance, Reading, and singing.
- In 2014, he appeared in the sport-reality entertainment show Box Cricket League.
- Mohammad Nazim is a big follower of actor Salman Khan. In an interview, he talked about Salman Khan and said,
Salman has always been my inspiration and he is an inspiration to many people when it comes to his career and fitness. Dabangg is a perfect mixture of action, comedy, and romance. I would like to do a show like that on TV.”