Akshaya Naik is an Indian actress and content creator. She is well-known for her character in the Hindi TV serial “Yeh Rishta Kya Kehlata Hai.” She has a YouTube channel by her name, on which she posts dance, weight loss videos, and motivational content.
Akshaya Arvind Naik was born on Wednesday, 12 July 1995 (age 28 years; as of 2023) in Mumbai, Maharashtra, India. She completed her schooling at Convent Girls High School, in 2011. She pursued higher secondary school at Ramnivas Ruia Junior College, Mumbai. She obtained a degree in Bachelor’s in Mass Media from Ramnarain Ruia College, in 2016. She has also done a certificate course in drama and dramatics/theatre art in 2018. She started her career in acting in 2014.
Height (approx.): 5′ 4″
Hair Colour: Black
Eye Colour: Black
Parents & Siblings
Arvind Naik is her father and Asmita Naik is her mother’s name. She has a sister named Akshata Naik, who is married.
She follows Hinduism.
In 2014, she was a supporting actor in the Tv serial “Mere Rang Mein Rangne Waali” of Rajshri Productions. She played the lead role of Sanjana, in an episode of MTV BigF Tv show, season 2, in 2017. In 2018, she has done a web series called “JEE Yo Like Pummy,” in which she played the lead character of a plus-size girl, presented on “10 On 10 Entertainments.” She appeared as the main character “Niharika” in an episode of Savdhaan India. She acted in the most-watched Starplus TV show “Yeh Rishta Kya Kehlata Hai” as Ananya Maheshwari Sharma from 2015 to 2018. She has done a short film “Itwar” as the main lead, in 2019, which was the winner of the Gold Film of the Year award by India Film Project. She did a Hindi short film “FIT INDIA” with Lotpot Films, in 2020. She is playing the main lead, Latika Abhimanyu Jahagirdar, in a Marathi Tv Serial “Sundara Manamadhe Bharli,” airing on Colors Marathi.
Apart from acting in serials, she worked as a Voice-over artist at WeKids Media, where she trained children in communication skills and organized a workshop at the Kala Ghoda Arts Festival in February 2014. She has also organized a summer workshop on TV Hosting with WeKids Media.
She created her YouTube channel in 2012. She started blogging about her travel and her visits to restaurants. She posted videos of her dancing, celebrating festivals, and of regular chores at home. She also uploaded videos about lifestyle and different products she tried.
Awards, Honours, Achievements
- She won the “Inspiring Female Personality Award” for her Marathi Tv serial “Sundara Manamadhe Bharli,” in 2023, at Colors Marathi Awards.
- She won the most popular actress award for her Marathi Tv serial “Sundara Manamadhe Bharli” in the years 2021, and 2022 at Colors Marathi Awards.
- She received MATA Sanman 2022 award for Best Actress for her Marathi Tv serial “Sundara Manamadhe Bharli.”
- She received the Majjedar Digital Kalakaar award from SMB awards for the Marathi Tv serial “Sundara Manamadhe Bharli,” in 2022.
- She received the Best Actress award at Big Marathi Entertainment Awards 2021 for her Marathi Tv serial “Sundara Manamadhe Bharli.”
- She was the first runner-up at the Miss Navi Mumbai pageant by Bliss 2016.
- She has done a ramp walk as a plus-size model at Lakme Fashion Week in 2018.
- In 2018, she got appointed as a Theatre Mentor at Teach For India community, to give training sessions for kids’ theatre.
- She is a big foodie, and she posts about it on her social media.
- She likes to travel and puts blogs about her travelling on YouTube.
- She loves to dance and has performed on stage many times since her childhood.
- She used to sing in college fests.