Vipul Roy is an Indian television actor who predominantly works in Hindi television shows. He is best known for the show F.I.R. on SAB TV in which he played the role of ‘Bhola Pandit.’
Vipul Roy was born on Friday, 30 August 1985 (age 36 years; as of 2021) in Bhopal, Madhya Pradesh. His zodiac sign is Virgo.
He completed his schooling at Sherwood College, Nainital, and he completed his graduation in Hotel Management at The Monarch International College of Hotel Management, Tamil Nadu. Vipul Roy- Facebook
Height (approx.): 6′ 1″
Weight (approx.): 70 kg
Hair Colour: Black
Eye Colour: Black
Body Measurements (approx.): Chest: 46 Inches, Waist: 38 Inches, Biceps: 16 Inches
Parents & Siblings
Vipul’s father’s name is Vikram Roy.
His mother’s name is Anjali Roy, and his sister’s name is Akanksha Roy, who is a model.
Wife & Children
In December 2021, he announced his marriage with Melis Atici to be held on 13 February 2022. She works in an IT company.
After dating Yuvika Chaudhary for more than ten years, he broke up with her and started dating Melis Atici; he has dated Atici for almost five years.
In an interview, he talked about his relationship with Yuvika after the breakup and said,
Yuvika is engaged to another guy (Prince Narula), and I wish her all the best. Yes, she was one of my best friends and we were in a relationship for a long time, but destiny had other plans and we decided to part ways.”
In 2015, Vipul made his acting debut with a Punjabi film titled ‘What the Jatt.’
Vipul debuted as a contestant in a reality show, ‘India’s Best Cinestars Ki Khoj,’ in 2004.
He has featured in other television shows that include Tujko Hai Salaam Zindgi (2007), Jeanie Aur Juju (2014), Sahib Biwi Aur Boss (2015), Dr. Madhumati On Duty (2016), and Partners Trouble Ho Gayi Double (2017).
Vipul has appeared in web series like Booo Sabki Phategi (2019) on ALT Balaji, and Black Widows (2021) on ZEE5.
Vipul hosted the reality shows like Sa Re Ga Ma Pa Mega Challenge (2009), and Wheel Ghar Ghar Mein (2009).
- Food: Sabudana khichdi, bhajiya
- Film: Sholay (1975)
He owns a Hayabusa bike.
He owns a Renault Triber.
- Vipul’s hobbies include travelling, swimming, cooking.
- Vipul started his acting career when he was pursuing his graduation. He was selected for the reality show India’s Best Cine Star Ki Khoj in his first year of college. According to Vipul, he had not to struggle to get work in the entertainment industry. He further added that after the show was over, he faced difficulty in making contacts and receiving work.
- Vipul worked as a chef in a restaurant before starting his career in acting. He used to work as an actor in the morning, and at night, he would work at the restaurant. In an interview, he talked about his passion for cooking. He said,
When it comes to cooking, it’s my soul. Even today whenever time permits, I cook for myself with soft music in the background and enjoy my alone time. Cooking is like a stress buster for me, I usually keep experimenting with new recipes and keep modifying my own cocktails and mocktails.”
- His friends, family, and fans often compare his physical resemblance with veteran Bollywood actor Dharmendra. In an interview, he talked about this and said,
I honestly think that as a compliment considering he used to be one of the most dapper, smart and talented actors of Bollywood. I have watched all his movies and Sholay remains my favourite. On my last birthday, my fans sent me a cake and there was a message written on the cake ‘Happy Birthday Young Dharmendra’. This is the second time I am getting such kind of gifts. Dharmendra Sir is a living legend, a He-man and it is an overwhelming feeling to be compared to him. Someday, I hope to be compared as an actor to Dharmendra ji.”
- In 2016, some people attacked his car and broke the glass of his car while he was driving back home with his family. The people from the locality said that Vipul had parked the car in the middle of the road, which created inconvenience to locals.
- Vipul got engaged to his girlfriend Melis Atici in October 2018. Their marriage was scheduled to take place in 2020, but due to the COVID-19 pandemic and lockdown, the marriage was postponed to February 2022.
- He had to face a non-payment issue for the show Naye Shaadi Ke Siyaape with Neha Bagga. He shot for the show for four months, but the show went off-air.
- In 2020, when the lockdown was going on, Vipul produced and hosted a show, ‘Viral with Vipul,’ which was released on YouTube. The show was made for a noble cause. In the show, he used to invite his friends from the television industry and play games with them. The cash prize won by the winners was given to needy people.
- In 2020, many actors committed suicide because they were not able to earn money. They did not get work due to the COVID-19 lockdown. In an interview, Vipul motivated people and said,
If they have taken their life due to work then taking that pressure is unnecessary and its heartbreaking for me to see this. Surviving in the entertainment industry is difficult because what its looks from outside isn’t what it is. But I strongly believe in this that till we are alive things can work out.”
- He has a Feng Shui sign tattoo on his right hand. In an interview, he explained why he got the tattoo inked and said,
I was in Ko Samui on a vacation. A friend of mine decided to get a tattoo at 3 am while we were strolling down the street. The tattoo artiste suggested me that I get inked, too. My immediate reaction was that I can’t stand tattoo on my body. But, my friend convinced me and we locked a Feng Shui sign for prosperity. While the artiste was at it, I kept suggesting him changes like add two spots on top, make it smaller and even topped in between. I paid and walked out.”
- He has featured in various newspapers.
- He is a passionate animal lover, and he often posts pictures of them on social media.
- He is a fitness enthusiast, and he regularly hits the gym.
- He often uploads pictures of his drinking habits.