Shazahn Padamsee is an Indian actress and model. Her acting career in the Hindi film industry spanned between 2009 and 2015. She is the daughter of a well-known Indian filmmaker Alyque Padamsee and theatre artist Sharon Prabhakar. She ventured into the Indian film industry in 2009 with the film Rocket Singh: Salesman of the Year opposite Ranbir Kapoor. Later, she worked in two Telugu and Tamil films and received appreciation for her acting skills from the film critics. She was the lead actress in the 2011 film Dil Toh Baccha Hai Ji opposite Ajay Devgn.
Shazahn Padamsee was born on Monday, 19 October 1987 (age 35 years; as of 2022) in Paris, France. Her zodiac sign is Libra. She has grown up in Mumbai, Maharashtra, India.
Height (approx.): 5′ 7″
Weight (approx.): 60 kg
Hair Colour: Light Brown
Eye Colour: Dark Brown
Parents & Siblings
Shazahn Padamsee’s father’s name is Alyque Padamsee, and he was an Indian filmmaker.
Shazahn Padamsee’s mother’s name is Sharon Prabhakar.
Shazahn Padamsee has two stepbrothers named Quasar Thakore Padamsee and Rahul Padamsee.
Shazahn Padamsee has a stepsister named Raell Padamsee.
Shazahn Padamsee is not married.
In 2013, she was spotted dating Akhil Kapoor.
Shazahn Padamsee started her acting career with a stage play titled Unspoken Dialogues, which was narrated by her father in 2009. Later, she went on to sign several renowned national advertisements along with auditioning for various Bollywood films. Shazahn Padamsee bagged the film Rocket Singh: Salesman of the Year opposite Ranbir Kapoor in 2009, and in this film she was seen playing the character Sherena, who is the lead actress of the film. This film was an unsuccessful project at the box office.
Shazahn Padamsee appeared in the Tamil film Kanimozhi in 2010, and in this film, she played the character Anu. During the same year, she appeared in the Telugu film Orange in which she played the role of Rooba. For her acting skills in the film Orange, she earned positive reviews. In 2011, Shazahn Padamsee was cast in the romantic comedy film Dil Toh Baccha Hai Ji in which she played the role of an office intern June Pinto opposite Ajay Devgn. The film was directed by Madhur Bhandarkar. Shazahn Padamsee then appeared in Housefull 2 in 2012, and Sajid Khan was the director of this film. In 2013, she worked in the film Masala, which was a Telugu film. In 2015, Shazahn Padamsee appeared in the film Solid Patels. She then worked in the film Disco Valley opposite Rajat Barmecha in the same year, and the director of the film was Sajit Warrier. Shazahn Padamsee became a part of the live electronica project, SpanckMusic, with DJ Ankit “Ankytrixx” Kocher in 2019 and started her singing career online.
- Shazahn Padamsee is highly fond of small children.
- In 2010, for approaching Shazahn Padamsee for the film Kanimozhi, the director of the film scrutinized her online portfolio, and the film was signed by her after her father nodded the same. Her performance in the film received mixed reviews from the critics soon after its release, and her character in the film did not get much appreciation. The critics claimed,
She “looked pretty and was photographed well” but she could have “expressed more energy and expression” into her role, labelling her as a Barbie doll.”
- She often posts pictures and videos of her acting and singing skills on various social media platforms. Over 116k people follow her Instagram page, and more than 4 million people follow her on Facebook.
- Shazahn Padamsee is a fitness fanatic. She often posts pictures of her yoga and physical exercise sessions on social media. According to Shazahn Padamsee, she loves swimming, gymming, and doing yoga in her daily routine. In an interview with a media house, Shazahn Padamsee stated,
I just go to the gym, am into kick-boxing and swimming.”
- During her modelling career, Shazahn Padamsee was offered by the Channel V show, VJ Hunt, to judge the show for hunting new VJs for the show. Before starting her career in Bollywood, she was working as a copywriter in Bugs Bhargava’s company for some time.
- In 2011, Shazahn Padamsee’s performance in the film Dil Toh Baccha Hai Ji earned mixed reviews from the critics; however, the film worked well at the box office. The critics claimed,
She looks like a doll and gets the character right” whilst another labelled hers as “the film’s worst performance.”
- Shazahn Padamsee is a compassionate animal lover. She has a pet dog, and on one of her social media posts, she was spotted cuddling her pet dog.
- Shazahn Padamsee went through a cosmetic surgery soon after she ventured into Indian films. However, things did not go well as expected, and her lips looked weird after the surgery, and this transformation also affected her acting career.
- On various social media platforms, Shazahn Padamsee regularly endorses several branded commercial products related to beauty and skin.