Avinash Sachdev is an Indian actor and model. He is known for his work in Hindi television series. He is famous for playing the role of Dev Purohit in the television show ‘Chotti Bahu’ (2008), which aired on Zee TV. In 2023, he participated as a contestant in the reality digital series Bigg Boss OTT 2, streaming on Jio Cinema.
Avinash Sachdev was born on Friday, 22 August 1986 (age 37 years; as of 2023) in Mumbai. He grew up and received his education in Vadodara, Gujarat. Later, he moved back to Mumbai to pursue his dream of becoming an actor.
Height (approx.): 5′ 11″
Weight (approx.): 65 kg
Hair Colour: Black
Eye Colour: Black
Body Measurements (approx.): Chest: 42″, Waist: 32″, Biceps: 18″
Parents & Siblings
There is not much information about his parents. He is the only child of his parents.
He got married to the TV actress Shalmalee Desai in 2015, and divorced in 2017. Avinash and Shalmalee worked together in the TV show ‘Iss Pyaar Ko Kya Naam Doon? Ek Baar Phir’ (2013).
Avinash Sachdev and Rubina Dilaik were in a long-term relationship. They met each other on the set of the TV show ‘Chotti Bahu’ in which they were seen in the leading roles. Initially, they didn’t talk much to each other during the first three months of shooting, but over time, they became friends and later fell in love. However, in 2013, after years of dating, the couple decided to part ways. During this time, there were rumours that Avinash cheated on Rubina with another TV actress. India Today In 2019, Avinash Sachdev talked about his breakup with Rubina Dilaik in the show ‘Nach Baliye 9,’ and said,
Rubina and I were very insecure about everything in life. We never used to give space to each other.”
After his breakup with Rubina Dilaik, Avinash Sachdev entered into a relationship with his co-actress, Shalmalee Desai, with who he worked in the TV show ‘Iss Pyaar Ko Kya Naam Doon? Ek Baar Phir’ in 2012. The couple dated for some time and later got married in 2015. However, after facing compatibility issues the couple decided to call their marriage off in 2017.
In 2018, Avinash Sachdev started dating the TV actress and model Palak Purswani. They were seen together in the celebrity dance reality show ‘Nach Baliye 9’ (2019) in which they participated as contestants. Reportedly, the couple had their roka ceremony in 2021. However, in 2022, they decided to part ways. In an interview, Palak talked about it and cited the lack of understanding in their personal life to be the reason behind their separation. She said,
In my professional life, he was very understanding. We both would uplift each other, we would understand everything about each other. But on a personal level, as a girl and a partner, some things are not acceptable for me.” India Today
Avinash Sachdev started his career at the age of 18, as an assistant director with the TV show ‘Hatim’ (2004). In 2008, he worked as an assistant director on the film ‘Rock On!!’ in which he assisted Farhan Akhtar.
Avinash Sachdev debuted as an actor with the TV show ‘Karam Apnaa Apnaa’ (2006), which aired on StarPlus. He played the supporting role of Sumit Malhotra in the show. In 2007, he appeared in the TV series ‘Khwaish,’ on Sony TV in which he played the negative role of Salman. In the following year, he played the double negative role of Manmeet and Prashant in the TV series ‘Kis Desh Mein Hai Meraa Dil’ on StarPlus. He rose to immense fame after he played his first lead role as Dev Purohit in the TV series ‘Chotti Bahu’ (2008), on Zee TV.
His performance as Shlok Agnihotri in the Starplus show ‘Iss Pyaar Ko Kya Naam Doon? Ek Baar Phir’ (2012) received huge appreciation from the audience.
In 2014, he participated as a contestant in the sports reality television show ‘Box Cricket League 1,’ on Sony TV. He, along with Palak Purswani, participated in the dance reality show ‘Nach Baliye 9’ (2019) on StarPlus.
He has acted in various TV shows including ‘Qubool Hai’ (2015) on Zee TV, ‘Balika Vadhu’ (2016) on Colors TV, ‘Ayushman Bhava’ (2017) on Star Bharat, and ‘Main Bhi Ardhangini’ (2019) on & TV.
He made his web series debut with ‘Suraj Aur Saanjh’ in which he played the role of Vivek.
He has won various pageant titles such as Mr Baroda, Mr University, and Mr Gujarat between 2004 and 2005. He later participated in the Gladrags Model Hunt.
- In 2009, he received an award for Fresh New Face (Male) at the Indian Telly Awards for his performance in the TV show ‘Chotti Bahu.’
- In the same year, he got nominated for Best New Actor in Lead Role (Male) Award at the Indian Telly Awards for the TV show ‘Chotti Bahu.’
- Apart from being an actor, he has also worked as a voice-over artist. In 2023, he provided his voice for Dhanush’s role, in the Hindi dubbed version of the film ‘Vaathi.’
- He is fond of travelling. He also has a YouTube channel ‘MONKTALES by Avinash Sachdev,’ where he shared his travelling vlogs.
- In an interview, he talked about the financial issues he faced during the COVID-19 pandemic. He revealed that he has signed two films which didn’t happen. He further revealed that after facing so many difficulties in finding work during the pandemic, he decided to open a restaurant, but it also didn’t run well and he had to shut it down within one and a half years. While talking about the loss he faced at that time, he said in the interview,
I took a hit financially. I had to sell my car, my house and all my savings were gone. Mentally, I wasn’t able to handle the situation. I was also having anxiety attacks.”
- In an interview, Avinash revealed that when he played the role of Shlok Agnihotri in the TV show ‘Iss Pyaar Ko Kya Naam Doon? Ek Baar Phir’ (2012), he faced significant criticism from the audience. He said that in the beginning, the audience wasn’t quite receptive to him replacing Barun Sobti, who had played the lead role in the show’s first season. However, as time went on, the audience slowly started accepting him in the role and even praised his performance. While talking about this in the interview, he said,
I took a lot of flak for coming in place of Barun Sobti; was abused openly on Twitter when fans started asking me how I could dare to replace Barun? But back then I did not respond and neither will I do so now. I sincerely believe that my work is the best reply. Now the same audience is saying they are glad that I am playing Shlok Agnihotri.”