Dr Shikha Sharma is a renowned Indian nutritionist and the founder of Dr Shikha’s Nutri Health.
Height (approx.): 5′ 5″
Eye Colour: Black
Hair Colour: Black
Family & Caste
She started her career as a junior doctor in GB Pant Hospital in New Delhi. In 1995, she started her own business but it failed. In 1998, she again set up her business, ‘NutriHealth Systems’ with an aim to provide consultation regarding nutrition.
In 2016, she received Rs 12 crore funds from the Singapore-based company ‘One Health Ventures,’ and her company was renamed as ‘Dr Shikha’s NutriHealth.’ In an interview, Dr Shikha said,
I want to make the company the most trusted brand in the healthcare space and make a name for technology innovation in the segment. We aim to become the Intel of nutrition advisory within India—a one-stop-shop for all nutrition advisory and research within the country.”
Later, she tied up with Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu, India to get more funding.
Awards & Honours
- Women Achiever Award by FICCI
- Gr8 Indian Women Award
- Women Achiever Award by the Bharat Nirman Society
- Award in preventive healthcare, by the former Union Health Minister of India, Mr Ghulam Nabi Azad
- Top 50 Young Achievers of the Country by India Today
- She has appeared on various TV channels, like NDTV, CNBC, Doordarshan, ABP News, and Samay Live to aware people about health and wellness.
- She has been writing a weekly column for Hindustan Times for more than 10 years.
- She has published a few books, like ‘Are You Feeding Your Hunger Or Your Emotions,’ ‘101 Weight Loss Tips’ and ‘Weight Loss Cookbook.’
- Some of her favourite books are Henry Ford’s “Maker of the Model T” and Lee Iacocca’s Autobiography.