Shantanu Maheshwari is an Indian television actor, dancer, choreographer, and anchor. He came into the spotlight after portraying the role of ‘Swayam Shekhawat’ in Channel V’s dance-based fiction show “Dil Dosti Dance.”
Shantanu Maheshwari was born on Thursday, 7 March 1991 (age 28 years; as in 2019) in Kolkata. His zodiac sign is Pisces. He attended Kolkata’s St. Joseph’s College and got himself enrolled in H.R. College of Commerce and Economics, Mumbai for his higher education. Maheshwari was good at sports in his school days and loved playing badminton the most.
He started dancing at a very young age. When Shantanu was 8 years old, he participated in the dance reality show “Kya Masti Kya Dhoom” that aired on Star Plus. He also took part in “India’s Got Talent” season 1. He was a part of the Street Soul Dance Crew [SSDC] in his college. Although Shantanu was never interested to make a career in dancing and wanted to become a Chartered Accountant, his continuous involvement in dancing pushed him to make it as his career. He is a versatile dancer and is an expert in Popping and (Liquid) Waving.
Height (approx.): 5’ 7”
Weight (approx.): 60 kg
Hair Colour: Black
Eye Colour: Black
Body Measurements (approx.): Chest 38″, Waist 30″, Biceps 13″
Family, Caste & Girlfriend
Shantanu Maheshwari belongs to a Hindu Family. Not much is known about his parents and siblings.
Shantanu Maheshwari is in a relationship with Nityaami Shirke.
Shantanu Maheshwari started his acting career in 2011 with Channel V’s dance-based show “Dil Dosti Dance.” He gained immense popularity by portraying the role of ‘Swayam Shekhawat’ in the show. In the same year, he gave a special dance performance in the TV serial “Ek Hazaaron Mein Meri Behna Hai.”
In 2013, he made a special dance performance along with his D3 team in season 5 of the dance reality show “Nach Baliye.” Next, he participated in “Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa 9” as a celebrity contestant and became the second runner up of the show.
In 2016, he played the lead role of ‘Sahir Bhasin’ in MTV India’s “Girls on Top.” Subsequently, he participated in the eighth season of the Indian reality show “Fear Factor: Khatron Ke Khiladi” and emerged as the winner of the show.
Shantanu has played episodic roles in many TV series’ including “Yeh Hai Aashiqui,” “Bindass Naach,” ” Twistwala Love,” “Pyaar Tune Kya Kiya,” and “MTV Big F Season 2.”
He has featured in the TV commercials of many brands like “HP Inc.,” “Big Bazaar,” “Netflix,” and “Keventers Milkshakes.”
He has also appeared in the music videos of songs like “Super Girl From China,” “Aaja Mahi Ve,” and “Haaye Oye.”
View this post on Instagram
Haaye Oye's most challenging but fun bit to shoot was the earphone sequence.. @elliavrram and I finally managed to make the earphones stick in after a countless number of takes! ….but the challenge was what made us enjoy the shoot even more.. Now, you guys can also be part of the fun, so all you have to do is- Grab a partner, share a pair of earphones and show us what you can do! #haayeoyetrivia #haayeoye #Haayeoyechallenge @sonymusicindia To watch Full video – Link in my bio
In 2017, he appeared in the short film “Something Like Love” in which he played the role of Rishabh. Maheshwari has also featured in ALT Balaji’s web series “XXX” and “Medically Yourrs.”
View this post on Instagram
MBBS mein surprise tests aur stress, dono ki koi kami nahi hai. #MedicallyYourrs streaming tomorrow on ALTBalaji. . . . . #ALTBalajiOriginal @ektaravikapoor @balajitelefilmslimited @nityaami.shirke @bijayanand @jayna_ruchandani @manasadhiya @priyanka.arya_ @iamkewaldasani @mayainthefilms @shrutitheactor @subharajput @crimrinal @shubhaavi @ivanrodriguesofficial @altbalaji @baljitsinghchaddha @chloejferns
In 2019, he, along with his girlfriend Nityaami Shirke, participated in the dance reality show, Nach Baliye 9.
- Food: Mishti Doi, Street Food
- Actors: Aamir Khan, Karan Singh Grover
- Actress: Angelina Jolie
- Films: Pursuit of Happiness, The Legend of Bhagat Singh
- TV Show: Big Bang Theory
- Musician: Sonu Nigam
- Song: “Rooth Ke Humse Kabhi” from the film ‘Jo Jeeta Wohi Sikandar’
- Colours: Black, Blue, Grey
- Perfume: Davidoff
- Holiday Destinations: Tirupati, Kashmir
- Tennis Player: Roger Federer
- Sports: Tennis, Cricket
- Cartoon: Tom & Jerry
- His hobbies include dancing and playing cricket, badminton, and tennis.
- He considers Javed Jaffrey, Prabhu Deva, and Govinda as his inspiration.
- It was Shantanu’s mother who identified his dancing talent.
- He follows a vegetarian diet.
- Shantanu shares a great bond with his D3 co-star, Vrushika Mehta. The duo share amazing chemistry and are often spotted together at various events.
- According to Maheshwari, he is a shy and introvert person in his real life.
- Shantanu shares that he was mischevious and a demanding child and was pampered a lot by his grandparents.
- He considers his mother as the biggest influence in his life.
- Shantanu is an active member of the “Desi Hoppers” dance group. In 2015, Shantanu and his crew emerged as the winners of the biggest dance reality show ‘World of Dance” in Los Angeles.
- In 2016, Shantanu and his team were invited in America’s Got Talent (season 11) to give a special dance performance.
- In 2017, Maheshwari and his team also represented India at the Asian Battleground and reached the finals. His team performed extremely well and came third in the international dance championship held in Malaysia.