Priyanka Jawalkar is an Indian model, actress, and fashion designer who mainly works in the Telugu Film Industry.
Priyanka Jawalkar was born on Thursday, 12 November 1992 (age 27 years; as in 2019) in Anantapur, Andhra Pradesh. Her zodiac sign is Scorpio.
She did her schooling from Anantapur’s LRG High School. At the age of six, she developed a huge interest in acting after watching Aishwarya Rai‘s Tamil film ‘Jeans’ (1998). She was so mesmerised by Aishwarya’s looks in the film that she went to her mother and told her that she wanted to become an actress. After completing her schooling, Priyanka did Bachelor of Technology (B.Tech.) in Computer Science & Engineering. As soon as she completed her graduation, she received offers for two short films, “Possessiveness” and “It is a girl Issue.” Thereafter, she started working at an MNC in Hyderabad. Simultaneously, she did a diploma in fashion designing from National Institute of Fashion Technology (NIFT), Hyderabad. After that, she went to Harvard University, US to pursue an eight-month course in Statistics. After her return to India, she joined Hyderabad’s Bhikshu Acting School to learn acting.
Height (approx.): 5′ 5″
Hair Colour: Black
Eye Colour: Dark Brown
Family & Caste
Priyanka Jawalkar belongs to a Marathi Family. Not much is known about her parents and siblings.
Priyanka started her acting career by featuring in two short films, “Possessiveness” (2013) and “It’s A Girl Issue” (2014). The films earned her recognition in the industry.
In 2017, she made her acting debut in the Telugu Film Industry with Sampath V. Kumar’s Telugu film “Kala Varam Aaye.” Subsequently, she starred in the Telugu film “Taxiwaala” opposite Vijay Deverakonda.
Apart from being an actress, Priyanka is also a fashion designer and has designed several clothes.
- Food: Pizza, Burger
- Beverage: Coffee
- Actress: Aishwarya Rai
- Colour: Black
- Travel Destination: New York
- Her hobbies include travelling, dancing, and reading.
- She is an avid dog lover and often shares her pictures with dogs on her Instagram account.
- Priyanka is a fitness enthusiast and visits the gym regularly.
- After watching Priyanka’s performance in short films, the film director, Rahul Sankrityan, offered her a role in his film “The End.” However, Priyanka rejected the offer; as she was not sure about the film.
- In an interview, she revealed that she had auditioned for three months to get selected for the film “Taxiwaala.”
- Interestingly, Priyanka styled her clothes herself for the Telugu film “Taxiwaala.”
- She is addicted to PUBG game.
- In March 2019, she featured on the cover of the “red” magazine.