Ponnambalam is a popular actor who works primarily in the Tamil films. He is well-known for his villainous roles in the films. He is also a stuntman and an extra fighter. Currently, he is the part of Bigg Boss Tamil Season 2. Check out Ponnambalam wiki, height, weight, age, girlfriend, wife, caste, family, biography and more.
Ponnambalam is 54 years old actor who was born on 14 September 1963 in Chennai, Tamil Nadu. He completed his schooling from Avichi Higher Secondary School, Chennai, Tamil Nadu. He was quite interested in extra fighting and doing stunts. He started his career as an extra fighter. Later, he got offers from films for playing roles of a stuntman.
Family, Wife, Children
There is not much information about Ponnambalam’s parents and his wife name. He has six sisters who all always supported him in his career. His wife name is Devi Ponnambalam.
He has two children, one son, and one daughter. His son name is Kartik GPK and his daughter name is Krithika Ponnambalam.
He made his debut in a Tamil film named Kaliyugam in 1988. In the early stage of his acting career, he used to act as a fighter or stuntman in the films. He got breakthrough in his film career with the movie Walter Vetrivel in which he played the role of a villain named Kabali. He was critically acclaimed for his villainous role in the film. Later, he worked for several movies in Tamil, Malayalam, Kannada, Telugu, and Hindi languages. His noted performances came in the movies such as Walter Vetrivel, Krodh, Nayak, Thamizh, and more.
He is also a politician and associated with Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) since 2014. Earlier, he was the member of All India Anna Dravida Munnetra Kazhagam (AIADMK) from 2011 to 2014.
- He won the National High Jump Championship in 1984.
- He was a professional athlete and bodybuilder when he was young.
- His bones have broken several times and for the same, he got the title “Spare Parts” in the film industry.
- He loves to play football.
- He is well-known for his villainous and stuntman’s roles in the films. He also worked in the superhit Bollywood movie Nayak (2001) in which he played the role of Ranga (a hooligan).