Tanya Puravankara, popularly known as Tanya Hope is an Indian actress and model who is known for her work in Kannada, Telugu, and Tamil films. She started her career as a model and became the winner of Miss India Kolkata 2015. She participated in FBB Femina Miss India 2015 and became one of the finalists.
Tanya was born on Wednesday, 11 September 1996 (age 26 years; as of 2022) in Bangalore, Karnataka, India. her zodiac sign is Pisces. She grew up in Bangalore, where she did her schooling. She completed her schooling at Sacred Heart Girls High School in Bangalore. For higher studies, she went to London, where she did her graduation in international relations at the University of Westminster, England. When she came back to India after completing her graduation from England in 2014, she was still figuring out what she wanted to do in her life, and then someone recommended her to participate in a beauty pageant. So, she decided to join modelling training in Pune at The Tiara Pageant Training Studios. In 2015, she was crowned Miss India Kolkata, and she entered the Telugu film industry in 2016.
Height (approx.): 5′ 6″
Weight (approx.): 60 kg
Hair Colour: Dark brown
Eye Colour: Black
Figure Measurements (approx.): 34 – 26 – 34
Tanya Hope belongs to a Hindu family from Bangalore, Karnataka.
Parents & Siblings
Her father, Ravi Puravankara is a businessman. She has one sister and one brother. Her sister’s name is Amanda Puravankara and her brother’s name is Ashish Puravankara.
In 2016, she made her Telugu debut with the action film ‘Appatlo Okadundevadu’ in which she played the role of Nithya.
In 2017, she appeared in the Telugu film ‘Patel S. I. R.’ in which she played the role of ACP Catherine. She made her Tamil debut with ‘Thadam’ directed by Magizh Thirumeni, which was released in 2019.
In the same year, she made her Kannada debut with ‘Yajamana,’ starring Darshan and Rashmika Mandanna.
She became more famous and started getting several film offers. In the same year in which she debuted in Tamil and Kannada movies, she worked in two more Kannada movies, first one is ‘Udgharsha,’ which was a suspense action thriller directed by Sunil Kumar Desai, and the second one was a romantic action film ‘Amar,’ which was directed by Nagashekar. In an interview, Tanya talked about the kind of roles that she wanted to play in films and said that she wanted to become a versatile actor and play challenging roles. She said,
I choose my movies and characters where I want it to be a performance and I want to see myself what I can do and how I can be as an actor and I want to show everybody, like, what I can do, and I didn’t want to keep doing the homely girl role. I have done it once and I really enjoyed it, but this time I wanted to challenge myself, I wanted to do some very powerful women roles. I didn’t think I could do it.”
Awards & Nominations
- Nominated for South Indian International Movie Award for Best Supporting Actress in ‘Yajamana’ (2019)
- Nominated for South Indian International Movie Award for Best Female Debut – Tamil in ‘Thadam’ (2019)
- Won Dadasaheb Phalke Award for Best Actress in ‘Yajamana’ (2020)
- Food: Butter Chicken, Chicken Biryani
- Actors: Leonardo DiCaprio, George Clooney
- Actress: Rashmika Mandanna
- Book: Cotillion by Georgette Heyer
- Movies: Great Gatsby (Hollywood), Mary Kom (Bollywood)
- Place: London
- Colour: Purple
- Quote: “Challenges make life interesting and overcoming them makes life meaningful.”
- In her leisure time, Tanya loves dancing, sketching, watching movies, and listening to music.
- Qualities that she looks for in a man are the ability to be himself entirely and unapologetically, the ability to stand up for what is right, even if it means standing alone, and honesty.
- She wants to open her own educational Institute for those who do not have any access or opportunity to go to one.
- Tanya wants to go on a vacation with actor Hrithik Roshan because she thinks it would be an adventurous and fun trip. India times
- When asked in an interview, which rule she would like to break, she replied,
I don’t know if I’d like to break any laws. But I’d definitely like to get rid of the death sentence.”
- She wants to play the character of the lead superhero if she gets a chance to work in a superhero movie.
- Her nickname at home is Donny, and in college, she was called Tinky.
- She wants to be friends with actress Sonam Kapoor because Tanya thinks that Sonam is such a fashion icon, who can teach her some things about fashion.
- In college, she skipped an examination just because she was not prepared for it.
- If she got a chance to meet someone from the past or someone who is dead she would like to meet Hitler and ask him,
What were you thinking?”
- She says that her sister is her biggest critic.
- Tanya wants to work in lots of movies in every language and become a politician later on.
- Some day, if God appears in front of her she wants to ask him,
Is there a plan for us or are we just meant to figure things out?”
- In an interview, when she was asked about having a chance to make the world a better place, the first thing that she would like to remove is misogyny.
- She would buy herself a world tour if she gets a blank cheque to buy something.
- A few of the things that are on her bucket list are Bungee jumping, sky diving, and becoming a politician.
- Tanya has more than 360k followers on Instagram, more than 1.3m followers on Facebook, and more than 17.5k followers on Twitter.